Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To leave or not to leave popup blind out all year??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To leave or not to leave popup blind out all year??

Just wonderin what everyone on the green screen does with popups during the season!

If I find a spot that I plan to use a blind all year I build one. Two reasons. 1- leaving a pop up out all year tears them up. Just from my experience. 2- and my main reason I like the mobility of a pop up. Find a spot I want to try and set it up. If I can I like to put it up a few days before I hunt that spot. If not a brush it in as best as I can. Just my 2 cents. Has worked for me in the past

Comment

i used to leave em out from now till season is over. i have 4 double bulls and IMO they are the best hands down but one got eaten up by a cow last year and the others are faded after several years of use and rats have eaten them up bad as well......this year i got two Blind Turtles and no issues now

Comment

I left my ameristep .270 ground blind up during turkey season and it was pretty harsh on it. I have three tears and it is minorly faded. In hind sight I wish I would of jus taken it up, but I spent a lot of time anchoring it down and brushing it in.

Comment

Blinds don't do you any good in your garage. Put 'em out in a good spot and hunt 'em. Take care of them as best you can. Don't use the crappy little "stakes" that come with the blind. Get some real tent stakes and stake the blind down good so it doesn't get blown away in a high wind. If/when they get torn up, buy a new one. I have a couple that have spent 3 seasons set up just about all season. They are faded and have a few tears in them. I duct tape over the tears and keep going. As long as they hide me from the deer, I'm good.

Comment

i left one out. it faded horriably.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_B View Post
              I like the mobility of a pop up. Find a spot I want to try and set it up. If I can I like to put it up a few days before I hunt that spot. If not a brush it in as best as I can. Just my 2 cents. Has worked for me in the past
              I agree. Plus I hunted in one last year that looked like a large purple grape because my buddy left it out all season.

Comment

If you leave it out, you might as well just buy a new one every year because it won't last.

Comment

they fade and eventually start to tear....Black widows love when you leave them out!

Cody

Comment

I will have to leave mine out this year and then maybe build a permanent one if the spot is worth it......What is wrong with it fading? Just curious, as long as it doesnt have holes is the way I look at it

Comment

We take them down. Even then, mice, rats, etc will chew on them during the season. This heat would have been brutal on them if we had left ours out all year.

Comment

We don't leave them out all year just with in the week we are using them in.

Comment

I left an Ameristep out for three seasons (Sept thru Jan). It turned pink which was not a big deal since the deer and hogs were used to it within a month. Since it was already fading I decided to leave it out year round. Came back after the summer, not this summer, and it was crushed by a branch and rainwater. I have not replaced it but would go back to leaving it just during the season.

Comment

I left one up for about 4 months once, When I finally got out to the lease to get it all I had left was a few of the braces, no fabric. I'm don't really know what happened to it but I believe the cows had something to do with it.

Comment

I take mine up after using it. I build blinds where I want permanent ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X