Tripods and Ladder stands!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tripods and Ladder stands!

I need some ideas for some tripods or ladder stand designs, which ones ya'll think work best? Im about to build a couple of each I just wanted to see what other people use and what they like the best.

Thanks, Clayton

I use a little 10' tri pod I dont like b/c the platform isnt big enough. And theres nowhere to hold my bow. I have only hunted one ladder stand and it was at the double L and So i cant say to much about those.

Comment

Check out the quadpods from Gametamer. Four legs is always beter than three. ( More stable, Not to mention you can level it)

Comment

I make a ladder or screw in steps for this, so I guess it would be a "ladder" stand. Big platform, take my cushion so the coons won't tear it to pieces each time I hunt (or it won't be wet). Very soliid and stable.

Clamp on a bow holder or also have some screw in types into the trees. Plenty of room for a backpack to fit under your seat. Like LOTS of room.

Comment

Here is a 14' ladder stand that I converted to a tripod. I put a swivel seat on top it works like a champ.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BadBoy Pup Mower.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	23825302

Name:	DSC_0004.JPG
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	24723525

Comment

RS, thats pretty neat. Gives me an idea! Thanks

Comment

That is a great idea. I am thinking of doing the same thing with a used ladder stand I just bought. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

RS, do you have any pics of the underside of the ladder to see how you mounted the other legs

Comment

fatdaddy79
                  I will take some pics tommorow and post them. The ladder stand is two parts now, the top part I welded a 1/2" 8x8 plate to the underside of the seat then i cut 3- 2 7/8" pipe at 25 degrees and welded those to the plate at equal distance apart. Then for the legs I used 2 3/8" pipe (mexico pipe) a little thinner than oilfield pipe for the lighter weight for putting it up. Pretty easy by yourself. Then I took the ladder part and welded it to the leg under the front of the seat. Then I put a swivel seat on top. There are just 4 parts to this tripod. My lease is west of Seymour so its all mesquite and cedar which made my ladder stand worthless so I tinkered with it and came up with this. It is stout, more sturdy than the tripods I have owned in the past from Academy or Cabelas.

Comment

Here are more pictures.

Name:	Zach's axis spike 4 sm shot.jpg
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	23825385

Comment

wow that baby can support some weight, and then some. What is that 2 inch pipe???

Comment

thanks for the pics RS, i'm gonna have to give that a try

Comment

Here is one I built a couple of years ago. 10' to the plat rail, bow holder on left side of seat. Each leg breaks down in 2 sections so it also could be set up at 6' height.

Name:	DSC01225.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	23825472

Comment

Cull designed , what I think is the best designed tripod I have seen. It is down the line on the Do-It-Yourself thread. I plan on building 3-4 this summer.

Comment

Brandon, do you happen to know what the diminsions of the platform are on Cull's stands? I've tried to send him a pm to no avail. I figured they are in the neighborhood of 30". But they could be 36" or so. I can't tell from the pics. How big are you going to make yours

Comment

Working...
                              X