No announcement yet.

Tbh sharkathon update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ttt. Really want to hear the rest of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint View Post
      Wasn't an army dude from Fort Hood in a palm leaf was it Ray?
      He wouldn't be wearing the palm leaf anymore

Comment

Originally posted by texasrig View Post
        ttt. Really want to hear the rest of the story.
        no doubt !! where you at poco no bueno ??????????? the govt cheese line was over at 12 noon yesterday

Comment

omg i dont know what i would have done if i took a hook to the neck like that.

Comment

Yea Ray spit it out we need the full story and if u have extra cheese me and breezy can make enchiladas !!!!

Comment

It's a freaky feeling taking a wipe out, with steel leaders and huge shark hooks off the beach a few hundred yards. Having a hook embedded into your body anywhere, it pulls and tears hard as you try like heck to hold the line and get into shore without it snagging on something on the way in. This guy's time wasn't up, had that line snagged on the way in, with that hook buried, he would have been stuck out there like a cork with waves beating him up and tugging away at the hook at the same time. And doing that with a big bait slid down the leader, still attached to it all.....laying out a nice shark scent into the water.

I never run baits out without first knowing, how big the swells are before I do so. At night, you can't tell how big and how rough if you arrive at the beach after sundown. I did that one time, got out to the 3rd sandbar dragging an nice bait out and got halfway over the sandbar before I noticed a big black wall well over my head before it exploded ontop of me and the kayak. I had a milk carton crate on the stern, with my leader and bait coiled up inside that...my body simply got blown backwards off the kayak ripping the carton and steel leader off at the same time. Tumbling around I could feel the steel leader rubbing my legs but I somehow managed to not get tangled and cleared that. Lifejacket kept me up and I swam in with my paddle minus the kayak. Got into the beach, fired up the truck and found my kayak about a half mile up the beach a few hours later. Grabbed it and went back to the tent and simply went to sleep.....till sunup.

Shark fishing the coast is hard work, even when it's calm. Add 2 - 3 ft seas, it takes a bit of surf reading and kayak riding skill to make it out and most importantly, make it back in without dumping yourself. Seas 3 - 5ft.....you will get dumped on the way back in over the course of a weekend.

Comment

Story we want story

Comment

Real man would have just pushed on through........

What's the rest of the story?

Comment

Story fo sho

Comment

Maybe things didn't go so well with the Federal Rangers. Poco you need bail money?

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
                        Maybe things didn't go so well with the Federal Rangers. Poco you need bail money?
                        I was thinking the same thing haha. But seriously if we need to set up a fund....

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
                          Didn't think about that.....

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                            ..........If I had the money, I would build a top drive 4x4 Suburban rigged up on top, for all things fish which includes, driving the rig down the beach from the top. You can cast surf rods from the top, if a bunch of nervous water is spotted, by simply pulling the entire rig up to the waterline to make the cast. The backend of the suburban, sleeping and storage. Maybe one day, after winning the lottery, I'll get a beach top drive done just for PINS
                            If I won the lotto I'd like to build a miniture drilling platforn out of 12" PVC. Float it out past the breakers and sink it into place giving a stable elevated fishing platform in 10' water. When you get ready to leave re-float it and pull it back to shore. Beer cooler standard option.

Comment

No update?

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                                If I won the lotto I'd like to build a miniture drilling platforn out of 12" PVC. Float it out past the breakers and sink it into place giving a stable elevated fishing platform in 10' water. When you get ready to leave re-float it and pull it back to shore. Beer cooler standard option.
                                I'm kidding myself....if I won the lottery, I wouldn't even get sand on my feet or gear, I'd simply anchor up in 30ft of water, with a few Bud Light babes for deck hands, and ride the hook after sunset with a few shark lines over the side off PINS. By sunup, I'd probably be back out around the 60 mile mark, hunting billfish.

DOH!

Poco, you need someone to toss you a line Amigo!?!!?
                                Last edited by AtTheWall; 11-01-2013, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X