Bentonite for pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bentonite for pond

We are digging a pond at the ranch and Ive heard Bentonite works best for lining. Does anyone know where you can purchase Bentonite in the Corpus Christi area ? Thanks.

Should not need it if pond is done right. It's more of a repair, but does work

May not need it

Comment

Depends on what type soil you have. I'm in the turf grass business and we put it in our canals so they wouldn't seep. Very sandy or black gumbo usually don't need it. We got ours in New Bransfuels area. You can't get it around Corpus

Comment

If you have high PI material in the bottom, and core the dam, you probably won't need it, but if you are in sand or other porous soil, bentonite may be the way to go. That's a long way from me, so no help on a source. Good luck !

Comment

I'm in Corpus Christi and I'm a dealer.

PM me if you need a price, just need to know how much you'll need.

Comment

We are located in Hebbronville which is very sandy loam without it the pond will never hold water.

Comment

Originally posted by SCENT LOCK View Post
              We are located in Hebbronville which is very sandy loam without it the pond will never hold water.
              You've got to dig down and see what you got. If its heavy clay it will hold

Comment

Have a Geotechnical company come out & do a boring & take a sample. They can tell you exactly what types of soils you have at different depths. I just had it done. 2 borings 20' deep cost me $750, including the report. It could be less expensive to dig your pond a foot or two deeper rather than line the entire pond.

Comment

Not to high jack thread, but is there anywhere near Conroe/Montgomery to buy any?

Comment

Working...
                  X