David Alford Star Method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Alford Star Method

I was doing some searches on the internet and I came across this in a few posts dating back around 2010. This fellow kept posting on numerous sites with teases about coming up with an aiming system that would allow trad shooters to shoot as good as compound shooters.

I even remember a few of these posts. I don't believe anything came from this guy. Am I mistaken?

I read a few threads about that on leatherwall.
    All he did was brag about his system. He did post a link to a site that showed how to make a little rope release. I have no idea what he was trying to accomplish.

Comment

I have never heard or read about him?

Maybe someone else will chime in with more info?

Bisch

Comment

I've known David for about 12 years.

He is trying to write a book on the whole thing, and that is why he isn't sharing any detail on his methods.

I was the same as you, and got to thinking he was just full of crap. Then one day he decided for some reason to share with me.

He actually does have all the stuff he brags about. Has both aiming techniques, which he did not share a lot of detail about with me, and mechanical & non mechanical release methods which he has shared with me in fine detail.

Not all of what he has shown me has been that interesting to me, but some of his off the finger non mechanical release methods are very interesting, and they work. One particular one I have adopted into use for myself.

Bottom line, he is the real deal, and he needs to get off his duff & get this stuff released to the pubic. I've chewed his butt several times for dragging his feet on the matter.

I wish I could say more, but he made me swear not to share any detail, so I'm keeping my word.

Rick

Comment

To me until he does get the book out, he is full of crap lol

Comment

Originally posted by loco cacahuate View Post
            To me until he does get the book out, he is full of crap lol
            I've told him that very thing.

I've told him "It's one thing to have it & share it, but it's a load of crap to have it, talk about it for years, and never share it."

He & I have had some pretty heated discussions on the matter. I told him I wish he would NOT have shared with me. LOL

Like I said, I've known him for 12 years, He's actually a good guy, but one of the most hard headed fellers I have ever met.

Rick

Comment

Rick, I have read your posts enough to respect you, and if you say this guy actually has something, great, but... Is there anything really new to any of this or is it more re-creating the wheel. Not looking for any insight to what is going on, but it is traditional archery, simple at it's core, takes time and patience to learn, and lots of arrows. From Biblical times to now men have been bending sticks with strings and lofting saplings. Is there really anything New besides what the bows are made from?

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                Rick, I have read your posts enough to respect you, and if you say this guy actually has something, great, but... Is there anything really new to any of this or is it more re-creating the wheel. Not looking for any insight to what is going on, but it is traditional archery, simple at it's core, takes time and patience to learn, and lots of arrows. From Biblical times to now men have been bending sticks with strings and lofting saplings. Is there really anything New besides what the bows are made from?
                Some of it is simplification of application of other similar things, but tailored for trad archery.

Some of it is pretty innovative, with a lot of thought going into how the body works/reacts to certain inputs. These are the things I found very interesting, but the mechanical stuff not so much.

Some of it is vaguely familiar, but not exactly like anything I've seen, or heard of, and some of it I've never seen, heard, or even had a fleeting thought of in all my years in archery.

I do hope he comes out with the book soon. Some of his techniques will be fantastic in helping those with target panic, AND even in helping those who have handicaps.

None of it however is going to be a magic fix to turn bad shooting into instant good shooting. Just like anything else, it will take some understanding & practicing to get it right. The one technique I use is very simple & effective, but it takes some getting used to, because even though it is simple it is so different that you have to make yourself do it.

With Davids permission, I taught a guy how to use the technique I am using. I didn't tell the guy where the technique came from, or any detail about it other than how to do it. This guy could not hit a regular square hay bale from 20 yards to save his life. Almost instantly after showing him the technique he was keeping all of his arrows on the bale, and now after a few months practicing he is a pretty darn good shooter.

There's no way I can explain, or describe it without spilling the beans, but I will definitely chew David's butt again to get the book out the next time I talk to him.

Rick

Comment

Thanks Rick. I did not mean to stir anything up. I have been looking for answers to my own problems and ran across this and remembered reading it from long ago.

Comment

I remember David from the Leatherbrawl. Prolific poster. Hope he gets his book out. I'd like to read it.

Comment

Working...
                    X