XDM 9MM vs SW MP9 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XDM 9MM vs SW MP9 2.0

Anybody have experience with both? Had an XDM up till about 4 months ago when it was stolen out of the truck. I liked it quite a bit but looking for its replacement now. Recently picked up a Shield EZ 380 for the wife and she loves it so got me to looking at the full size MP.

I already have 5-6 mags for the XDM that was stolen, but the MP would be familiar grip for the wife so that got me to looking into them. Price for both is within $20 so not a big deal one way or the other. This thing will stay parked next to the bed most of the time as the wife now is carrying her Shield religiously so no need for a truck/car gun anymore.

Out of these 2 pistols which would you choose and why? I am leaning towards the XDM just purely on me already having lots of mags plus it comes with 3 compared to only 2 for the MP. But if the MP is a far superior weapon I could sell the XDM mags and get into a bunch of MP mags if needed.

Yes. Not an XD fan. M&P is a much better feeling platform to me.

Comment

It is a wash really. Since you have mags and liked the xdm you had, i would say go that way. And I would look at the new xdm elite, the trigger is a bit better than the old xdm. That said the m&p is a good gun too, but don't expect it to be any better or worse than the xdm, just different. Basically both are dang good plastic guns

Comment

I like the trigger a lot better with the M&P in the 2.0.

In quality no different.

Comment

Either. Don’t believe all the bs you read about Xd’s being crap.

A PRP trigger for the XD or an Apex for the m&p will make a world of difference at the range.

Comment

OP, i have a m&p 1.0 9mm in the classifieds right now. not many rounds at all and i have 3 mags for it. might be good savings and see if you like M&P platform without paying full price for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

M&P for sure. Drop an Apex in it

Comment

M&P. Look up “XD catastrophic failures”

Comment

Originally posted by wild_bill_kodi View Post
                  M&P. Look up “XD catastrophic failures”
                  Spare me the trouble and show me pictures or videos of it happening.

I’ll about guarantee I have more rounds through the XD platform than anyone on here—including 30,000 rounds through one original XD—and I have yet to encounter all these problems I read about on the internet.

Comment

Staying tuned for my daughter. She’s in the market.
                    I love my XD (s) but lots of people like their m&ps

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                      Spare me the trouble and show me pictures or videos of it happening.

I’ll about guarantee I have more rounds through the XD platform than anyone on here—including 30,000 rounds through one original XD—and I have yet to encounter all these problems I read about on the internet.
                      Devils advocate here. Are all the people claiming they had issues, lying?

Only reason I don’t like the XD is I don’t like how they feel. Never had one that wasn’t reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post

Only reason I don’t like the XD is I don’t like how they feel. Never had one that wasn’t reliable.

Probably like the dodge transmission thing. Between the dodge products my parents, brother, wife and myself we have close to 900,000 miles with only 1 transmission problem. That was because it was on a diesel with an 8 Inch lift and programmer. No other issues but apparently their transmissions are terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post

I have only read one or two first hand accounts of problems with them. Usually it’s “well my friend knows a guy that went to school with this guy that is in the Marines and he said XD’s will get you killed in the streets.”

I never read “I was out shooting my XD/XDM/XDs with xyz ammo, and abc problem happened.”

Comment

Another vote for m&p. In MY opinion ya can’t beat the m&p 2.0 grip. I have a shield 9 2.0 and a compact 2.0. Not only for me does it feel better than any glock or XD it has stippling from the factory. I don’t think I’d ever own a plastic pistol without stippling again. Granted I did have to sand paper a little bit on the body contact side so I could carry them comfortably, but it doesn’t effect how it holds in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                              I have only read one or two first hand accounts of problems with them. Usually it’s “well my friend knows a guy that went to school with this guy that is in the Marines and he said XD’s will get you killed in the streets.”

I never read “I was out shooting my XD/XDM/XDs with xyz ammo, and abc problem happened.”
                              Ah yes. The killed in skreets story. Gotta love them

Comment

Working...
                              X