Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
    What kind of line do y’all use for jigging?
    Mono, Fluoro, braid and what lb test
    6 lb mono for a number of years now. Im think Im going back to 8 lb when I respool everything next.

Comment

Thanks for the replies fellers
      Caught 5 keepers after work and several small ones

Headeded out in the boat in the AM hoping to catch 5 times that

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went to Palestine yesterday to try to figure out the Livescope some more. The wind was strange going from flat calm to howling several different times throughout the day. Caught some of everything in the lake but mostly smallish crappie. I spent way to long on some brushpiles with small fish just playing with Livescope and also spent a bunch of time on a pile trying to catch what ended up being huge bream. I have a long way to go before I am good with it and need to add a dedicated battery for it but it is super fun as well as super frustrating! At one point I was about ready to see how many times I could skip a 12” Garmin across the lake!

Comment

Way to go Snoop!

Comment

Went to Conroe this morning for about 3hrs. Kept 7 decent ones and caught maybe 8-10 small ones. Lots of small fish on the scope. Wind picked up pretty quick and ran us off.

Comment

Y’all gonna do another crappie trip this year? I’m hustling to get a 115 outboard for my barge then I’ll be itching to try my hand at this freshwater deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                  Y’all gonna do another crappie trip this year? I’m hustling to get a 115 outboard for my barge then I’ll be itching to try my hand at this freshwater deal!

Russ, There's a thread on it for 2020 in The Campfire some where. There is also motel rooms still available. And RV/camping available. It will be at Richland Chambers lake.

Comment

Cool deal thanks!!!

Comment

Took it to them on Granger this morning!

I'm pretty pumped. Neither me nor Cajun Ginger have ever crappie fished Granger. Not a two man limit but 20+ keepers. Lot of dinks we had to throw back.

2-8' of water mostly all out of trees and brush.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Way to go Flex and CG!

Comment

Caught 2 on Aquilla.

14.5 inch and 12 inch.

Had a good time on the kayak.

Comment

Fished twin buttes sun up to sun down and managed 17 keepers.

Comment

Me n little man ran to fork this afternoon to meet David with Shut up and Fish to pick up a 12” RAM arm to raise the graph up some. Fished 4-5 hours and had 30 we kept for dinner. Nothing big. Rough as hell out there today. Fished where we could not where we wanted too. Still beats sitting at home. I reckon I’m gonna go back to booking trips mid May. I’ve had enough of this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                                Me n little man ran to fork this afternoon to meet David with Shut up and Fish to pick up a 12” RAM arm to raise the graph up some. Fished 4-5 hours and had 30 we kept for dinner. Nothing big. Rough as hell out there today. Fished where we could not where we wanted too. Still beats sitting at home. I reckon I’m gonna go back to booking trips mid May. I’ve had enough of this mess.

Slew, did yall do a vid?

Comment

Working...
                                X