No announcement yet.

Lease Question - Honest Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should hunt East Texas for $750 for free reign all year Lol.

Comment

Would have to be some really great hunting to put up with those rules at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
        You should hunt East Texas for $750 for free reign all year Lol.
        lol, I haven't gone full outlaw yet.

Comment

Sounds like a good lease to put a feeder on a fenceline.

Comment

OH! here's the best part that I forgot to add. Lease price is going up next season by 10%

Comment

I own my own land so I can do as I please. I hunt at night and it doesn't effect my deer hunting at all. I always hunt the gut piles after a kill and see plenty of 120+ bucks the next day.
              too many bs rules for the price though, your money would be better spent elsewhere.

Comment

Sounds like to me you have the typical ranch manager that shapes the rules only to his benifit. I would find another place. For $3K each you could easily find a hill country place to make your own. Take your friends and family with you.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
                  Yeah I agreed and understood the night hunting deal, which I didn't really argue about. It was the lease manager not willing to compromise and let us, who want to, bow hunt. I think that's the straw that broke the camel's back.

Good input from you guys.

I'd be curious to hear from anyone that does night hunt on their place during the season and how, if at all, it affects the deer. Are there special rules in place for hunting at night or how does it work where it's being done successfully?
                  It’s not a rule on our place, and I’m paying full price for a lease I don’t deer hunt. I’m strictly hog and varmint, and do a bit of thermal hunting. That said the lease manager has asked me to refrain from night hunting during deer season, but said he wouldn’t stop me if I wanted to. I told him I wouldn’t hunt period during season when other hunters are there. Last weekend I stayed at the lease, but hunted another property an hour away since everyone was down for thanksgiving. Even if he didn’t ask me to I wouldn’t hunt during season when others are there. It’s fair game if I’m not going to interrupt someone else hunt though. Even then I try to limit it to a couple small areas that deer activity isn’t the greatest though.

Comment

Yes I would be out also. Not for that price and no offseason hunting and exotics

Comment

You lost me at "no bow hunting". The Friday-Sunday is hard too, the price sounds kinda high as well with all the stipulations, micromanaging and size of trophy deer.

Comment

Btw fri,sat, sun only means hes subleasing/hunting it the rest of the week.
                        $3k gives you choices...this is a poor one to continue doing.

Comment

I'll be in the minority here, but I agree with the "no night hunting" rule, especially during deer season. You have 9-10 other months of the year to do that, why not let things be quiet during deer season?

Now, adding that rule at the last minute is crap. That should have been worked out when you renewed the lease.

Sounds like you don't like the rules. Find another place or lobby the existing members to make changes to the rules. It's a free country.

Comment

I was out after the 16 members on 3200 acres. That’s not much per hunter in open country.

Comment

Not overreacting. Ever changing rules in any situation leaves you with the inability to prepare and maximize your own ends.

I vote leave. The lease manager will lose that role in a couple years if not sooner.

Comment

We night hunt for pigs but mostly during the full moons as most of us are not optic ready...we are on 7k acres with 10 guns so we have plenty of room if someone wants you stay out of a general area they may want to hunt in the AM. I'll hunt the same areas the following day & obviously am not worried or think it hurts, but totally respect & understand why some want certain spots unmolested right before daylight. We're fortunate it works for everyone & got a group that works together.

For what you are paying & 50% of it being the night hunting as your enjoyment & add on the lease manager/you will likely continue to have drama?? I would bolt & sure you could find something else within that budget.

Good luck.
                                Last edited by Artos; 12-06-2019, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X