Need opinions about new 2016 bows Matthews,Elite & Prime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need opinions about new 2016 bows Matthews,Elite & Prime

I am looking at getting a new bow looking for something that's easy shooting due to having back surgery. Something accurate to shoot out to 50 yards. I am not a full time bow hunter just like to kill a few big animals here and there.

I am looking at the 2016 Matthews,Elite and prime bows with 70 pound limbs my draw length is 27"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and happy hunting to y'all.

Hoyt defiant! The new dfx cams are super smooth! my 2nd choice was the new elite bow. Very smooth as well. I've never been a huge fan of Matthews but I did shoot the halon as well. Nice bow but personal preference I liked the new elite an Hoyt better and walked out with the Hoyt! Never shot a prime bow so can't help Ya out there. Good luck! Go shoot them all and then decide!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasGunSlinger View Post
      Hoyt defiant! The new dfx cams are super smooth! my 2nd choice was the new elite bow. Very smooth as well. I've never been a huge fan of Matthews but I did shoot the halon as well. Nice bow but personal preference I liked the new elite an Hoyt better and walked out with the Hoyt! Never shot a prime bow so can't help Ya out there. Good luck! Go shoot them all and then decide!

Thanks for your advice. I always have been a Matthews guy. But I have heard allot of good things about elite and prime lately.

Comment

Don't forget about the obsession bows. They lock back like no other bow I have shot. Holding nothing at full draw. They are also fast.

Comment

Been shooting Mathews since around 1992. Owned probably about 30 of them during that time.

With that said, just bought the Impulse 31 and love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chasing_bone View Post
            Don't forget about the obsession bows. They lock back like no other bow I have shot. Holding nothing at full draw. They are also fast.
            This

Comment

You will see this a lot here, but go out and shoot every bow you can to determine what is best for you. Personally, I prefer a hybrid cam system. My Xpedition Xcentric set at 66#/28" draws and holds like a dream, and still shoots 415 grains at 290fps. Obsession, as mentioned, also draws and holds well and has great speed.

IMO, sticking with a brand is absolutely pointless, unless that brand is paying you to shoot their bows. Go out and see what feels best for you, then dump your money.

Comment

Personal preference applies. I shot everything but Obsession and Xpedition (not for lack of want to) over the last month and settled on a Prime Ion. It a sweet (to my eyes), dead handed, and quiet bow. I will say in completely bare form, the No Cam was, by the slimmest of margins, deader and quieter, but it just didn't point and track as well when I closed my eye on the draw and opened them to see where I was on the target vs where I intended to be. I'm sure that's specific to me and my form flaws, but it was definitely a determining and a confidence factor for me.

Comment

Shot them all a few times

I shot a prime and would not trade it for the world

Comment

Following this thread, I am in the exact same boat as RFS, looking to get a new bow also not a brand loyal person just want one thats perfect for me.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice.

I understand go out and shoot them all.

I really am only interested in the bows that I listed.

Curious to see what people thought of the new models out of those brands.

Comment

go shoot 'em all then choose elite........just say'n

Comment

If you're looking for comfort over speed, I think Elite is hard to beat. Their new bows are plenty quick, smooth draw cycle and a great back wall. I am on my 3rd Elite, but it all comes down to personal preference. Don't take my word, shoot them all and then pick, but I know a lot of people don't want to put down their Elites once they try them out.

Comment

get your hands on a Darton and an Obsession. You will not be disappointed!

Comment

Pretty loyal elite guy since about 2002. Tried the xpedition xcentric 7 and absolutely fell in love. Good luck in your choice

Comment

Working...
                              X