Old Growth Bois D'Arc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Growth Bois D'Arc

I remember seeing on here somewhere that people were looking for Old Growth Bois D'Arc trees to use for knife handles or pens. One of my clients lost a 200 year old tree in a recent wind storm.

Anybody interested??

Old Growth Bois D'Arc

I just posted this in the traditional forum. There are quite a few guys who make bows out of bois d’ arc that would probably be interested depending on location.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Bisch; 06-22-2018, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Hit up Rubydog.........I would be willing he will be very interested in it.

Comment

I have one that was dead on the property that I bought for who knows how long, but it’s some of the hardest wood I’ve ever cut. It was a really cool yellow color too. Still have a pile of it if anyone is interested it’s in Bertram.

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
          I remember seeing on here somewhere that people were looking for Old Growth Bois D'Arc trees to use for knife handles or pens. One of my clients lost a 200 year old tree in a recent wind storm.

Anybody interested??
          Where are you located?

Comment

rowdybass
            have a few pieces that would fit in the bed of a truck?
            if so, shoot me a pm, I'm interested

Comment

I asked about it one time. My main interest is history, not just age. Any cool story to the tree? Davy Crockett climbed it on the way to the Alamo or something?

Comment

Or peed on it

Comment

This wood makes the best fire poker sticks
                  I still have 2 sticks from 5 years ago and look like new

Comment

Post some pics . Won't drive around the block without.i am picky. But will pay going price for good wood. Arvin

Comment

PMs responded too...
                      The tree is located in Ovilla Tx. I can pass along the owners info via PM. No special story that I know of ...

Comment

Working...
                      X