Freestone County Buck down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freestone County Buck down

Despite the high winds this past Friday, I knew the bucks were chasing and it was prime time to be in the stand. Had a doe bouncing down the hill and I noticed she was by herself, which was odd. Figured there had to be a buck pushing her somewhere, but couldnt see him. She worked down in front of me and was headed to the feeder when she stopped and started staring behind me. I couldnt turn to look but heard the something coming in walking through the leaves. Finally the deer behind me came around into sight at about 30 yards and I could tell he was a pretty good deer. Tried to age him quickly and figured he was at least 4.5, then checked out his headgear. I could see he was pretty tall and had good tine length, but when he turned at looked straight my way I could tell he wasnt real wide. We are AR county so I had to make a decision if he was wide enough. During all this time (probably less than a minute) the doe had trotted off back behind be and was on her way out, so I figured this guy was fixing to head off after her pretty quick. I made the decision he was a shooter and had to get readjusted in the stand to get the shot of as he had moved over to my 3:00 position as he was walking toward where his girlfriend had went. Got in position and set the 20 yd pin in his armpit and touched it off. Made a good shot, full pass through and he didnt go 30yds and piled up. I couldnt have been more excited. Ended up with a 13 3/8" inside spread (cut it pretty close) and had 12 score-able points. I scored him Saturday morning (unofficially) so I will let yall take some guesses at what he scored and I will post at noon what I came up with.
    Attached Files

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats that is a good lookin deer.

Comment

neat looking buck!

Comment

congrats!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Nice buck!

Comment

Very cool buck, congrats

Comment

cool rack ,nice buck,congrats!

Comment

great buck for that part of the state! looks to be high 130's. he is very simliar to a buck I killed two years ago in Anderson county that went 129", just has a bit more tine length on every tine. congrats!

Comment

Awesome buck! I like the kickers and character. Im going to guess 141"

Comment

Comment

Nice buck! Congrats!

136"-138"

Spread 13"
                          Mass 24"
                          MB 19"-21"
                          G1 3"-3"
                          G2 11"-11"
                          G3 12"-12"
                          G4 5"
                          Extras 4"