Which scope do you run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which scope do you run?

I know I've made a few threads about scopes now but I'm hoping to get all the information I'll ever need in buying a scope from this one. I want to know what scopes you guys run and how you like them. I'm talking scopes on bolt action deer rifles not tactical scopes on ar platforms. Please include magnification and objective size. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 4.5-14x40 Leupold VariX III on my 300wm and on my son's 270. His is ao.
    My daughters both have 4-12x40 Redfield Revolution scopes on their guns.
    I have a 3-9x40 Burris Signature on my 222.

Comment

Daughters' guns are 7mm-08 and .243.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
        I have a 4.5-14x40 Leupold VariX III on my 300wm and on my son's 270. His is ao.
        My daughters both have 4-12x40 Redfield Revolution scopes on their guns.
        I have a 3-9x40 Burris Signature on my 222.

Thanks, really like the leupold vx3

Comment

Swaro, Zeiss, high end Leupold.

Comment

I have a Nikon monarchy 4-16-42 on my 270 and a Nikon prostaff 4-12-40 on my 243 the 243 will be getting a Nikon monarch 4-16 soon I love them

Comment

7 mag- Nikon 4.5-18x40 side focus IL i like it because it zooms in a lot, clear, and I have the tall turrets on it so I can dial in distance if I ever really needed to

270- Nikon pro staff 3-9x40. Good scope and looks good on the gun does everything I want it to and killed lots of critters with it

Comment

Thanks guys, right now I'm trying to decide between going with a leupold or a Nikon.

Comment

I've had good luck with older Nikon Buckmasters scopes. I have a 3x9x50 on my 270 and a 3x9x40 on a Rossi 223. I'm only looking to upgrade to get higher magnification.

Comment

Leupold VX6 3-18X44 w/ tmoa reticle and CDS on my 7mm WBY. Could not be happier with the glass.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                      Thanks guys, right now I'm trying to decide between going with a leupold or a Nikon.

I'd say Leupold between the two. I've got Nikons, Leupolds, Weavers, a Bushnell and a Zeiss in my arsenal right now. All of them except for the Leupolds and the Zeiss are up for sale or will be soon. Heck even one of the Leupolds is going for sale (a VX-3i). I tried the VX-6 and that is some sweet glass for the money so I'm slowly upgrading all of my glass. The only scope other than a VX-6 that I'm considering right now would be a Swaro z5 while they are on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                        I'd say Leupold between the two. I've got Nikons, Leupolds, Weavers, a Bushnell and a Zeiss in my arsenal right now. All of them except for the Leupolds and the Zeiss are up for sale or will be soon. Heck even one of the Leupolds is going for sale (a VX-3i). I tried the VX-6 and that is some sweet glass for the money so I'm slowly upgrading all of my glass. The only scope other than a VX-6 that I'm considering right now would be a Swaro z5 while they are on sale.

Let me know on that vx-3i

Comment

Swarovski Z6i 3-18X50
                          I'm very pleased with it so far. It's a nice range to go from 3X to 18X

Comment

2.5-10x50 vx3 on my 270. 4-16x50 Nikon Monarch 3 on my .308. 3-9x40 Vortex Diamondback on my 17HMR

Comment

I have Nikons on my bolt guns as well as my ARs. For the money, and my use, they can't be beaten IMO. Most of the ARs have 3x9 and most of the bolt guns have 2.5x10 scopes. I'm not a 500 yd shooter. If it's over 300 or so, I'll pass or get closer.

Comment

Working...
                              X