Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Which new rule would you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
    There was no fee back then, was built into the license in Jersey. Did not hear specifics on how it would be done here? Maybe another license fee!!! Sucks.

Regarding harvest monitoring, here are thoughts. They know some counties/areas are over harvested (think east tx). In these areas they could make the General season more like MLD and put a quota on number of deer harvested in what would be counties are divided areas of counties (Deer Management Zones (DMZ). The season would start normally, but based on the quota was checked in they would end the season at I guess the end of that day? So one DMZ may close by Thanksgiving and one may go later (depending on quota and hunting pressure). This could happen.
    That would be a really good or really bad deal. Great for overall deer population/management in each area. Bad if small track owners blast deer and the season ends before larger tracks get to kill many.

You know more than my guy. PM me where you're getting your info.

Comment

Good deal

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
      Yeah, but they know this and the plan would be to bar code all antlers at these check in stations and register those specific antlers in a database. So a hunter could get a ticket years later if in possession of antlers that are not bar coded!
      That would work for me ! I had to get my bear skull plugged in Colorado
      So that sounds reasonable to barcode animals harvested

Comment

No Sunday hunting would be horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
          We need both.

1. Hunting an animal on the Sabbath is wrong IMO.
          Please explain why you feel that way. I disagree but would like to hear your side since you are claiming religious reasons.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think either stands a chance of passing
            Others have stated why no hunting on Sunday will never pass main reason is big mony ranches would loose out.
            TPWD is under staffed anyway how could they hire a bunch of wardens and biologists to cover check in stations plus cover the everyday patrol during deer season.

Comment

I heard some really weird stuff too, but the voices are quieter this morning

Comment

We need both.

2. Checking in animals would give our Biologists the data we need to ensure the healthiest population.

Seems like some people are willing to compromise their convictions in order for it to be more convenient for their OWN needs.
                My pew was built by Summit. I respect your faith, but that should not mean I can’t go to MY church on Sundays. Back in Jersey it was horrible, working guys could hunt only on Saturday. I honestly think that’s why NFL football is so big up there! What else would you do on Sundays!!!

Comment

We need both.

2. Checking in animals would give our Biologists the data we need to ensure the healthiest population.

Seems like some people are willing to compromise their convictions in order for it to be more convenient for their OWN needs.
                  You want both, we don't NEED either.

Comment

Fake news

Comment

Both ideas are bad for hunting in Texas.
                      There are lots of states that don't have either of these rules and they are doing just fine, deer hunting wise. FL doesn't even have deer tagged or checked unless it is in a WMA.

The check in by county in Tenn. is a joke, folks take their deer where ever they want. It, provides poor data for any management purposes.

Comment

We need both.

1. Well....the Sabbath literally means the "Seventh" day, which is Saturday. The Sabbath has always been on Saturday, no matter how much modern day Christians can't read a calendar.....So that argument is stupid.

2. I don't know too much about this one, but considering how stupid number one was I'm gonna consider your opinion on this one is just as dumb.

Seems like some people are willing to put their misled convictions on other people because reading is hard.

Comment

We need both.

No hunting on Sunday won't make me go to church any more than I already do.. I'll just have to chance it if that were to pass.. and I don't use a processor so there better be a check station within 15 min of my lease or thats out too

Comment

Originally posted by crc View Post
                            Fake news
                            X2. No way in hades they try to ban hunting on Sundays.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              1. Well....the Sabbath literally means the "Seventh" day, which is Saturday. The Sabbath has always been on Saturday, no matter how much modern day Christians can't read a calendar.....So that argument is stupid.

2. I don't know too much about this one, but considering how stupid number one was I'm gonna consider your opinion on this one is just as dumb.

Seems like some people are willing to put their misled convictions on other people because reading is hard.
                              Boom roasted.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                                No hunting on Sunday won't make me go to church any more than I already do.. I'll just have to chance it if that were to pass.. and I don't use a processor so there better be a check station within 15 min of my lease or thats out too
                                I don’t think they would make you leave the deer at processor if you checked it there. No way does that make sense. But I agree, there are places far from anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X