Asian Fruit Plant ID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asian Fruit Plant ID?

Long shot but can anyone identify this plant? My father in law received some fruit from a china/Vietnamese man and planted the seeds...well it took and now we are trying to figure out what it is exactly? All he remembers is that the fruit was kinda slimy on the inside?
    Attached Files

70 views and no comments...we need more asian tbh'ers.

Comment

It may be a Longan or Lychee. I'm not extremely familiar with asian fruits.

Comment

If you have a picture of the fruit, I bet I could nail it. Lychee grows on a tree, so will be a while if that's it.

Comment

rambutan tree

Comment

Ranbuton's are almost like lychee, but a different shape, and bigger. They have a funky spiky red outer layer that you peel and almost identical pale flesh and smooth seed as a lychee. It's gunna grow, so make it a good location.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              70 views and no comments...we need more asian tbh'ers.
              I think theres only 2... me and ive seen 4wheels post as well.

As for the plant, I have no idea what that may be.

Comment

wow looks like you guys nailed it! Yeah this will not work in his backyard at all. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  Long shot but can anyone identify this plant? My father in law received some fruit from a china/Vietnamese man and planted the seeds...well it took and now we are trying to figure out what it is exactly? All he remembers is that the fruit was kinda slimy on the inside?
                  Deleted post / pic to avoid confusion.
                  My bad folks.
                  Last edited by catman; 03-14-2016, 12:26 PM.

Comment

That's about $100 dollars right there. One of my favorite from back in Maui days.

Comment

Some of us are really confused here! We're trying to identify an Asian fruit tree-from a pic from a guys wife's hometown in Mexico- that a guy really liked when he was in Maui.
                      OP not only can I not help you, I can't even keep up! Please let us know how it all works out.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                        Some of us are really confused here! We're trying to identify an Asian fruit tree-from a pic from a guys wife's hometown in Mexico- that a guy really liked when he was in Maui.
                        OP not only can I not help you, I can't even keep up! Please let us know how it all works out.
                        To end your confusion I'll delete my post, I was just posting a picture of the Lychee tree that also grows in certain parts of Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                          Yeah this thread much like a Rambutan Tree has branched in many directions.

Comment

Working...
                          X