jury summons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jury summons

I recently got a jury summons in the mail that says I have to call the court house every afternoon for 2 weeks after 3pm to see if I have to come in the next day. Have y'all ever heard of this crap? gonna be hard to plan anything for 2 wkks

Good for you for your willingness to serve. Jury folks are the critical component in our legal system. I'm thankful that we have a "jury of your peers" court system in America.

Comment

Never had one like that! Are you reading it right? Lol... Feel sorry for you.

Comment

that's crap!

The county district clerk, who is the elected official who oversees jury selection and processes... needs to hear from you and you should vote for somebody else next time.

Jury duty is too important to force you to play games like that.

Comment

this from the Federal court

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
            I'm thankful that we have a "jury of your peers" court system in America.
            I think that too, until I go to Walmart.

Comment

Yes, My wife had one like that. I actually prefer it over going to the courthouse and sitting there for a couple hours while they fill up the spots and then ultimately tell you to go home after you've wasted your time and energy. Making a phone call is pretty simple and easy and a lot less inconvenient.

Comment

Oh man ask them to send me one or if you can transfer yours to me lol

Comment

I agree about the phone call, it's the every afternoon for 2wks that I don't like. I like to go to my place in Archer county a couple of days a week.

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                    I agree about the phone call, it's the every afternoon for 2wks that I don't like. I like to go to my place in Archer county a couple of days a week.
                    Well, just tell them that, I'm sure they'll understand......

Comment

unfortunately jury duty is always an inconvenience, at least this way you get to go about your day instead of sitting in the courthouse bored out of your mind.

Can you not call from Archer County? Does that give you enough time to get home for the next day?

Comment

I recently got a jury summons in the mail that says I have to call the court house every afternoon for 2 weeks after 3pm to see if I have to come in the next day. Have y'all ever heard of this crap? gonna be hard to plan anything for 2 wkks
                        Yep, Federal summons. I had the pleasure of doing this last year for 2 weeks. I never did get the call but it certainly made it difficult to plan ahead.

They do pay more for this kind of service.

I'll also add that I was kind of disappointed to have not been needed as I was more than ready to hop into the Federal cases if needed.
                        Last edited by Kmart49; 06-07-2018, 09:39 AM.

Comment

yep, I could call from my place and get back, it's only 3hrs from home gate to ranch gate. I'll deal with it. just never had one like this 2week thing. oh and drycreek I'll tell them you said to understand

Comment

I had a federal summons like that several years ago, never did have to report.

Comment

It is pretty easy to get kicked out of the jury pool doing the voir dire period. I answered all of the attorneys questions as factually as I could (when i say all, I mean all of them), and they kept on looking at me like I am a close minded ahole. Turned out they didnt need my services. I took my $8 check and went home.

Comment

Working...
                              X