No announcement yet.

"almost" a great photo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice shot on the buck. Most of them are just as they begin the jump. Yours is different

Be interesting to see what the Tamron folks can do with a 150-600mm lens for $1,069.00.

Comment

cool pics!

Comment

Thanks!

Digital, I can't wait to see that Tamron lens. But for the life of me, I don't know why they don't come out with a 500/5.6 with VR in the $700-800 range. It would sell like mad.

Comment

500mm/ 5.6 with VR/IS for $700-800.00? Probably fly off the shelves for sure. Not sure how many would be returned but be plenty try it for that price.

Comment

I honestly don't know why we haven't seen one yet. Tamron/Sigma don't seem interested in affordable primes anymore. Too bad.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387577064.378041.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	24273162

Limbwalker, you are right in that it is all about the timing. I really like your warm lighting in this photo.

I shot this big mule deer a number of years ago working his way up a draw when I was out coyote hunting. I knew he was going to cross this fence so I positioned myself where I could get him as he started to jump, during the jump, and then coming down after the jump. I got the before and during but missed the shot of him coming down because my camera lost focus because of the fence. This was back when I was still shooting film and was using a Nikon F5 (dang I miss that camera!). I shot him using Fuji Provia 100.

As you know, to get those kind of shots you have to spend a lot of time in the field.

Comment

Nice photos.

Comment

Great pics

Comment

WyoBull, that's sweet. Esp. considering it was film. Folks who've only ever shot digital have no idea what we had to deal with in the film days! ha, ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                      Better watch out... alot of folks dont like "fence line hunters" here.

Great pics!
                      Lol

Comment

Great pics

Comment

Those really are some great pics, even if you didn't get the exact timing you wanted on the buck.

Comment

Mjjust, did you get those files I sent?

Comment

Yes I did. Been working crazy like lately and haven't replied to your email. Wife told me you sent them. Thanks so much.

Comment

My pleasure. Hope he enjoys them.

Comment

Working...
                                X