X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
    Sounds like you guys have a heckuva squad man, congrats

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Special group of same 11 kids from montgomery.. been together since before fall ball... not the biggest or fastest ..but got incredible heart, work ethic, and trust in each other.. blessed to be a part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      Special group of same 11 kids from montgomery.. been together since before fall ball... not the biggest or fastest ..but got incredible heart, work ethic, and trust in each other.. blessed to be a part of it.
      Hope they can stick together, as they get older it seems to get harder and harder. My 10u son's team is down to 6 original kids from the 8u team we started and one of those has already let it be known they won't be back in the fall and I'm pretty sure at least 1 more won't be either.

Looks like Jer_James son's team won their tournament yesterday too

Comment

Hope they can stick together, as they get older it seems to get harder and harder. My 10u son's team is down to 6 original kids from the 8u team we started and one of those has already let it be known they won't be back in the fall and I'm pretty sure at least 1 more won't be either.

Your never going to keep everyone happy. I don't care if you win 8 out of 10 tournaments someone is going to complain about something. You will see people jumping to what they think is the next big thing and normally it's worse. Just find a good fit for your kid and don't worry about the others its select ball.

Comment

I miss my kid being young and same team and parents. Looks like a great group of kids that played together. Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
            Your never going to keep everyone happy. I don't care if you win 8 out of 10 tournaments someone is going to complain about something. You will see people jumping to what they think is the next big thing and normally it's worse. Just find a good fit for your kid and don't worry about the others its select ball.
            Spot on here. The rosters will always work themselves out.

Well it's here and we leave Friday for Cooperstown. Any recommendations on must do's, or what to bring for you guys that have been?

Congrats to all for the success this spring. It's been a fun thread to be apart of. I'm looking forward to a break, but also looking forward to helping my oldest progress and get stronger this summer!

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
              Spot on here. The rosters will always work themselves out.

Well it's here and we leave Friday for Cooperstown. Any recommendations on must do's, or what to bring for you guys that have been?

Congrats to all for the success this spring. It's been a fun thread to be apart of. I'm looking forward to a break, but also looking forward to helping my oldest progress and get stronger this summer!
              Good Luck in Cooperstown! We will be there in July with Clay and the Futures team. I will be ready for a break, but will get things going again in August. I will be looking for a few kids as football will take over. If I find the right kids in the fall come spring we will be going to Ball Parks Of America for the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                Good Luck in Cooperstown! We will be there in July with Clay and the Futures team. I will be ready for a break, but will get things going again in August. I will be looking for a few kids as football will take over. If I find the right kids in the fall come spring we will be going to Ball Parks Of America for the spring.
                Thanks and good luck to you guys as well! That's a great team and they know how to compete! I'm not familiar with Ball Parks of America and will have to look it up.

Comment

We're takin a week off next week for Garner, then a bbusa tourney, then Gulf shores.
                  Wouldnt change it for the world.
                  Last edited by systemnt; 05-29-2018, 06:08 AM.

Comment

I cannot believe I missed y'all. I knew I should have checked in to see how everyone was doing.

We had a terrible start and ended up a 6 seed, but great pitching led the way Sunday. All 3 starters pitched complete games.

Jax gave up a run over 2 innings on Saturday after we had gotten down 5-0. We ended up losing 6-4. We beat that team the next day in the semis.

Jax had a handful of RBI and went .500 over the whole weekend at the plate. He has found a correction that has really worked for him. His OBP was even higher, and he had no strikeouts. He has nothing close to homerun power, but his barrel contact has improved by miles.

Awesome to see how great yall did this weekend. Wish I was paying more attention and could have seen some of it.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by jer_james; 05-29-2018, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                      I cannot believe I missed y'all. I knew I should have checked in to see how everyone was doing.

We had a terrible start and ended up a 6 seed, but great pitching led the way Sunday. All 3 starters pitched complete games.

Jax gave up a run over 2 innings on Saturday after we had gotten down 5-0. We ended up losing 6-4. We beat that team the next day in the semis.

Jax had a handful of RBI and went .500 over the whole weekend at the plate. He has found a correction that has really worked for him. His OBP was even higher, and he had no strikeouts. He has nothing close to homerun power, but his barrel contact has improved by miles.

Awesome to see how great yall did this weekend. Wish I was paying more attention and could have seen some of it.
                      Good stuff

Comment

love it!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          We're takin a week off next week for Garner, then a bbusa tourney, then Gulf shores.
                          Wouldnt change it for the world.
                          That boy is running hard, brotha!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                            That boy is running hard, brotha!
                            Running from the fastest kid on the team who just banged one to the fence..
                            Never seen him run so fast..

Comment

Well my son’s team had some success up in Oklahoma City this weekend. They went 2-2 in pool play. Came out on Monday and beat the team we beat the day before. Had to play the number 1 team in the bracket a Marucci Elite Team out of Forney in the semifinals and we won the game 10-0. In the championship game we had to play a team called Mojo out of Moore, Ok. They had beat us in pool play 12-0. The boys played them strong. We were down by 8 runs when time expired and we were batting at the top of the inning. My son came up with 2 on and hit a double to the centerfield fence starting the scoring. He came around and scored on an error. The boys were battling and almost got up. Ended up loosing the game 12-11. Proud of the way the boys handled themselves all day on Monday. They played great baseball. Got 2nd place in the 9uAAA bracket. Got to the ballpark yesterday at 9:15 and got home at 12:00 this morning. Long weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a long day man, congrats to the boys

Comment

Working...
                                X