Cost on metal roofing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost on metal roofing

Never looked at having it done. Looking at it pretty hard now. How is the price on having a metal roof?

By the foot? etc. Our house is pretty small, I want to say 1,600 sq feet. Not much of a pitch. Just trying to gauge it and I guess where I live may make a difference?

Pricing in the Midland area is stupid on stuff like this but may be someone can assist me so I don't get gauged. Thanks,

Metal roofs are nice, be weary of fly by night roofers though.

Comment

We had one installed this past year. Get a few bids for a regular shingle roof and then multiply that by 2. Our multiplier was 2.2 for a 2600sq ft house based on a traditional shingle roof.

Comment

$9100 ~26 squares Standing seam. San Antonio 1/2017.

Comment

Originally posted by fullsizeaggie View Post
          what does approximately 26 squares mean?

Comment

Apprx 100square feet a square I think. My roof surface was 2600 square feet.

Comment

For a install on shingle roof?

Comment

Lol. That is the lowest I’ve ever heard for a metal roof. 24 or 26 gauge metal?

Comment

A while back I had hail damage and got quotes on both a shingle roof replacement and for a metal roof install. Shingles were quoted about $11K and the metal $18K. I went with the metal. This is was approximately 2200-2300 sq ft....

Comment

I did my own last year 24sqs cost me roughly $4k in material.

Comment

Get a quote from Sweetwater steel on material they are usually cheapest and probably worth the drive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just did a 31sqs.

about $6k for material and $6k for install. This was removing one layer of shingles.

Comment

Metal is going up right now because of the tariffs so it varies. It’s moving 10% a month right now. Midland is too far for us I’d help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We lay over shingles everyday. You don’t have to remove them. A square of shingles weighs anywhere from 200-250# a square generally. Metal roofs at 24 gauge weigh 110# a square.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                              For a install on shingle roof?
                              Tear off shingles and replace with metal. Don't remember the thickness, one of those 2. I paid for the materials up front and then paid them labor at the end - no more than the quoted price. Been a great roof.

Shop, shop, shop. I received quotes from 6 companies for both shingle and metal. Called more than that. Shingle roofs were in the 7-8k range. Haggle with them. Materials were right at 30% of the cost. Highest was close to $25k.

Comment

Working...
                              X