Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking About Coming off the Rage, What head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also just found out I need a fixed blade for an Axis hunting im going on after first of the year with a customer of mine.

Comment

Honestly man I think you'll lose more deer switching to fixed and risk getting crappy blood trails. If u don't hit them good idk that a fixed blade will make much difference. I've had nothing but good luck with rages and the killzones are good too. If you're dead set on fixed maybe try the Magnus black Hornet serrazor or ramcats

Comment

NAP Thunderheads 100 grain....fixed blade.

Comment

I really like my Magnus stinger 2 blades.

Comment

Give slick trick mags a go. They fly great out to 60 yards for me (that's as far as I practice) and cut a good size hole every time. I tinker around with a bunch of different bh's, but I always end up back at slick tricks. Only other good bh I can suggest that I do use when I go axis hunting for the better penetration aspect is a Solid 100gr with bleeders. That is an awesome bh that also flys perfect out to 60 yards.

Comment

If you shoot them in the shoulder, I don't think the broadhead makes a whole lot of difference. Maybe stay with the same broadhead and practice more???

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                Honestly man I think you'll lose more deer switching to fixed and risk getting crappy blood trails. If u don't hit them good idk that a fixed blade will make much difference. I've had nothing but good luck with rages and the killzones are good too. If you're dead set on fixed maybe try the Magnus black Hornet serrazor or ramcats
                I have seen alot of mechanical fail, and no clue what you mean about poor blood trails with fixed??

Poor shot placement is probably more of a reason for no blood trails?

Comment

I really like the QAD Exodus.

Comment

Originally posted by EliteDriver View Post
                    If you shoot them in the shoulder, I don't think the broadhead makes a whole lot of difference. Maybe stay with the same broadhead and practice more???
                    He did say that shot was not the reason he is switching...

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                      Kindly disagree. Blood trails have more to do with shot placement than broadheads in my opinion. I shoot the Ramcats that have cutting diameters almost as big as some mechanicals and larger than most other fixed blades and they fly like darts.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                        I always had good success with NAP Thunderheads before I switched to their Spitfires.
                        NAP thunderheads for me always.....old school and reliable and can be re-sharpened as well.

Comment

Muzzy trocar or mx3
                          Exodus
                          Magnus black hornet
                          Wacem xl

Comment

I'm gonna try the Muzzy trocar hybrid. I know you said fixed blade, but it's a hybrid

Comment

Maybe the helix single bevel broadhead? They hit really hard, also get more weight up front for higher FOC to pull the arrow thru.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                                125 or 100 grain Ramcat. You will thank me later. 1 3/8" on the 100 and1 1/2' 0n the 125. They cut some wicked holes.

This...only broadheads in my quiver for 3 years now

Comment

Working...
                                X