Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Ever Hunted With Trey Vanatta in Bosque County?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Ever Hunted With Trey Vanatta in Bosque County?

I'm thinking of booking a day hunt for an axis doe, and found an ad from Trey Vanatta. Wanted to see if anyone here had any experience with him.

That is my brother. More than likely, he is guiding on the Deeley Ranch. I know some folks on TBH have been out there before and with good luck. Its a beautiful place.

To answer your question, I have about 20 years experience with him.

BTW - There are 2 Ns in Vannatta.
    Last edited by Tommy_V; 10-08-2009, 09:32 AM.

Comment

I have spent a lot of hrs on the Deeley Ranch, Lots of big deer, Axis does and bucks and a few Sika. getting a good number of pigs but are hard to hunt. David Deeley built a hunters cabin and it is nice and relaxing, I've spent a few night there....

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_V View Post
        That is my brother. More than likely, he is guiding on the Deeley Ranch. I know some folks on TBH have been out there before and with good luck. Its a beautiful place.

To answer your question, I have about 20 years experience with him.

BTW - There are 2 Ns in Vannatta.
        I thought about you after I posted this and wondered if that's what your V stood for. Sorry about the spelling, bro.

I'm just wanting to get some axis meat, so my main concern was if I'd actually have good chances, or if it was one of those Thrifty Nickel "I take your money cause you'll never see a thing", kinda hunts.

Comment

Nope...it won't be one of those deals. There is a really good chance of seeing something.

I'm not 100% sure where they'll be hunting, but there will certainly be game there. Trey isn't that kind of guy.

No worries on that end.

Comment

Tommy. You and I know some of the same people around that area.. i am sure we have met a time or two...

Comment

Yep, I'm sure we have.

Comment

I have heard stories from Matt Baur about them Vannetta brothers. I talk to Matt 2 - 3 times a week...

Comment

Matt's a dang good guy. Matt knows exactly who I am.

Comment

Working...
                  X