Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can yall su about the AtM vs Blinn thing and talk about fishing there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can yall su about the AtM vs Blinn thing and talk about fishing there?

Moved the kid there today for college and him and his room mate have really got into fishing the last year or so.

Any leads on any ponds or lakes there that have decent bass fishing? Mostly they will be going after class or on weekends so places that you can access reasonably are better.

Edit- They would love to hear about the most affordable golf there too.
    Last edited by Hunting4fun; 08-17-2020, 10:12 PM.

Amen!!!!

Used to be some REALLY nice fish in the lakes just south of town....can’t remember the name of the lakes or subdivision, but we’d get run out of there two or three times a week. Definitely worth the hassle. Bryan Municipal Golf Course has a lake full of bass also, but sometimes they’d have three eyes, extra fins....it sits on an old battery plant. DO NOT EAT!!

Comment

Gibbons Creek use to be a hot spot for big bass but that was 30 years ago. Lake Bryan wasn’t bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I might as well ask this question too. Their other fix is golf. They have looked at pricing at all the surrounding golf courses. Any any input on what ones are the best bang for your limited college budget? Or whose butt you have to kiss to get a pass for the campus course??

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
          I might as well ask this question too. Their other fix is golf. They have looked at pricing at all the surrounding golf courses. Any any input on what ones are the best bang for your limited college budget? Or whose butt you have to kiss to get a pass for the campus course??
          Beat bang for your buck when I was working there was the Bryan Muni course.

Comment

When you say you moved the kid there for college are you referring to Blinn or A&M? Clearly it matters. They don’t fish the same ponds

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              When you say you moved the kid there for college are you referring to Blinn or A&M? Clearly it matters. They don’t fish the same ponds
              That is funny right there....Gibbons creeks reservoir and Sommerville both have great fishing....and it does not matter where you are enrolled!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Oh my[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post

Any leads on any ponds or lakes there that have decent bass fishing? Mostly they will be going after class or on weekends so places that you can access reasonably are better.
                  If they like it enough and get addicted like most of us did, they will be going fishing instead of class too[emoji38][emoji23]

Comment

I think bryan muni is closed for reconstruction. There is a pond behind the target on briarcrest, i havent fished it yet, but have seen some people fishing. Other than that gibbons or lake limestone (hour north). The campus course is steep but they have student pricing, i havent looked at any other pricing yet (moved here in june and have been in class since). If they know anyone in the EMS program at TEEX they have pretty good bass in that pond.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Finfeather in Bryan for lots of fish (do not eat them) and then the pond at the back of the neighborhood on 175 off Hwy 30 (if it’s not shut down) were my to go to’s 6-8 years ago. Finfeather allows Blinn or Aggies and the 175 pond is strictly Aggies only.

Comment

That after class and weekends part is funny, that's what I told my parents too! I never found any good ponds when I was there but was lucky enough that between myself and friends we generally had at least one boat in town and would go to Somerville or Gibbons.

Comment

Somerville in the spring for white bass. Gibbons is always good but some type of boat would help. George bush library and research park on campus have ponds and actually hold some good fish. Lake Bryan is a mud hole.

Golf- Campus course is decent and not sure why they would have problems get a tee time. Briarcrest is decent. the others are pretty expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            If they like it enough and get addicted like most of us did, they will be going fishing instead of class too[emoji38][emoji23]
                            True story. That's why I dropped out of community college.

Comment

tell them do what my kid does.

Google Earth and look for water

Comment

Working...
                              X