F150 vs Tundra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    No doubt...I'm still trying to find a ride to see what the Raptor output is like. They say it easily outruns the original 6.2. I 'think' they are going to drop a version soon w/ the new 7.3 monster which will be interesting for sure on the low end grunt!!

I just don't think forced induction is the best choice for something you are considering for a 10yr+ truck, but then again we'll all be forced into some version of electric...serious advancement in technology going on right now.

Nothing wrong with forced induction if properly applied. Many OTR trucks with well over a million miles and they run in boost most of their lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I love my 19 eco boost, best truck I’ve owned, will tow just about anything, rides like a Cadillac and now has 71k trouble free miles. Never had a tundra, not a fan of interiors. I’d say go drive em, don’t listen to us.

Comment

I have a F-150 and Tundra Crew Max in my driveway. I will take the Tundra all day over the junk F-150 both are 2019.

Comment

I drive an abused 2014 Tundra, my wife drives a 2017 F150 but she babies it. All family trips to Prosper are taken in the Ford, even if we drive 3 towns over. We check the farm in the Tundra, no exceptions. The plan is for me to inherit her truck one day but I like things the way they are, its not really fair to compare them. I would prefer another Tundra maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Nothing wrong with forced induction if properly applied. Many OTR trucks with well over a million miles and they run in boost most of their lives.

I don't think forced induction diesels / OTR's is a fair comparison for a long term comparison vs a passenger high rpm gasser...these V16's run 24/7 & run more man hours than anything on the road w/ a turbo but different application / comparison. Each Cyl being 825ci & might hit 1000rpm.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
              No kidding.

I put 287k on my last Ford, have 116k on my 2015 3.5 Ecoboost. It is hard to find an ecoboost owner that doesn't love them.

I wouldn't drive a Tundra. Fit and finish is awful, loud road noise, and they only have a good reputation for reliability through suburban husbands whose wives insist they get their truck at the same place she bought her camry. Ford and Chevy are the first and last names in the light truck world, add Ram if you include the Cummins (not the pos Hemi's). Toyota's are more expensive and difficult to work on, not demonstrably more reliable, get worse gas mileage, can't tow as much, not as comfortable, etc. I really don't know how they sell the things.

I have owned, rented, or extensively ridden in all three. Not looking to start an argument with Toyota fan boys, I am sure that they can be reliable and get the job done. I am just sharing my opinion that OP asked for.

This statement above could ONLY be written by someone who's never owned a Tundra and if indeed you owned one, what year and model? Have pictures? I once met someone who rides a horse and gave me 100 reasons why a horse was the only thing he would ever ride, go figure
              Last edited by BuckTrail; 07-17-2020, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Have a 2014 F150 3.5 Ecoboost. About to hit 100K trouble free miles. Amazing engine especially for torque....tow my skeeter alot and its like its not even there.

Never owned a Tundra but would consider one for my next one...just to mix things up.

Comment

I don't think forced induction diesels / OTR's is a fair comparison for a long term comparison vs a passenger high rpm gasser...these V16's run 24/7 & run more man hours than anything on the road w/ a turbo but different application / comparison. Each Cyl being 825ci & might hit 1000rpm.

Maybe not but with 10 gears the EB engines probably lope along well under 2k RPM as well.

Even towing a trailer up the Ike Gauntlet they run lower RPMs than the V8 competitors.

Comment

Drove both two years ago when I bought a new one and went with the ford with the 5.0. I keep them a while and really the only reason I chose the Ford was price and the interior of the Toyota’s seemed dated. I think they are both good trucks. Buy which one you like best.

Comment

But who's running these engines in eco 90% of the time & avoiding boost over the long haul...add in uber high rpm's & all the addy parts / seals / sensors over the long haul & the NA V8 is a more logical choice for someone wha wants to be married to their truck.

Every ford tech / sales guy I've talked to says the 5.0 is the better engine unless you trade them often, then go for the giddy-up. We'll see...Kenny has a 2015 5.0 & nothing but oil changes so far.

Comment

But who's running these engines in eco 90% of the time & avoiding boost over the long haul...add in uber high rpm's & all the addy parts / seals / sensors over the long haul & the NA V8 is a more logical choice for someone wha wants to be married to their truck.

Every ford tech / sales guy I've talked to says the 5.0 is the better engine unless you trade them often, then go for the giddy-up. We'll see...Kenny has a 2015 5.0 & nothing but oil changes so far.

Everybody keeps saying the Ecoboost engine run high RPM and that’s not true.

I haven’t driven one of the 10 speed versions but we rented an Expedition a few years ago and going through the hills of East Texas and through Mississippi it rarely even downshifted and at 80 mph it was running 2k rpm. We got 22mpg on the trip with 7 passengers plus luggage.

We normally got a Suburban for the same trip and it was constantly downshifting and hunting gears.

Some folks act like turbos are this all new voodoo technology and it’s not.

I talked to my personal mechanic about the Ecoboost engine because we were going to buy an Explorer ST. He said he has several customers that own them and they are relatively trouble free.

Comment

Have owned both. My Ford was a good truck, no major problems but once I bought my tundra? It's all I'll buy from here on out. I'm not a big " whistles and bells" guy. Tundra's just built better.

Comment

I drive a Ford but if I was in the 1/2 ton market the only truck I would look at is a Tundra.

Comment

Tundra!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Smart owns a tundra

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X