Need some input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some input

My wife wants to quit shooting her "training wheels" and get a trad bow! Well I'm super happy but I have no clue what pounds would be good for her, I just know light. She has a 26 draw. Any ideas on what I should be looking for?

Shave 5-10 lbs off what she shot on the compound.

Comment

What is she shooting now, and what is her frame size? Might help the gurus on here help you out.

Comment

She's petite but strong. Ill check what she shooting on compound

Comment

around 25-30# at her trad bow draw(which could be a little less than compound draw)would be a good starting point!

Comment

My wife shoots 33#@26", if that helps. She's petite also.

Comment

I have have 25 inch draw length and I have a 45 pound draw on my Mission. It is very comfortable for me.

Comment

Thank y'all!

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
                  around 25-30# at her trad bow draw(which could be a little less than compound draw)would be a good starting point!
                  Great advice there! Remember that most recurves will be rated at a 28" drawlength and you'll need to subtract 2-3# of weight for every inch less than 28 that she pulls. For example, a 40# @ 28" bow will draw in the low 30s for a shooter with a 25" draw length.

Comment

Originally posted by Texasgamehunter View Post
                    Thank y'all!
                    Hey bud I'm a good friend of docs and I live in belton as well. I have a Samick sage with 35# @28 limbs on it that you are more than welcome to try out and that should give you a better idea of where to start her at

Comment

Forget about the peak weight of her compound and consider her holding weight. Then add about 10# to that. Unless of course you just want her to learn to short-draw, snap shoot, and spend the rest of her life cursing "the force."

Comment

Bubba your pm box is full pm me please with your info

Comment

Originally posted by Texasgamehunter View Post
                          Bubba your pm box is full pm me please with your info
                          Pm sent

Comment

Working...
                          X