Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you okay with shifting majority numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by longhorn_cop View Post
    Ask cruz. Hes trying to get elected with less states, less pop vote, and less delegates.
    By working the system.....you know, like trumph said he's been doing for 40 years......

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
      hmm it's interesting to see where you stand... So what your saying is that the american people are not intelligent enough to make the decision on who to vote for, and we need some of the upper class to step in and make that decision for us? This is exactly what I was talking about. This thinking is absurd and disgusting You don't have the right to tell me how to live my life. This is just the same as federal judges making laws outside of their jurisdiction. The election system is flawed and it has been from the beginning of the party system. We the people have no say in who leads us, the elections are just to appease the masses If elections made any difference they'd make them illegal
      So what you are saying is the founding fathers were disgusting & absurd by using the delegate system...see how easy this is.

Comment

Nope..........it should be one number and whomever achieves it should get the nomination..............good, bad or horrible!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          Nope..........it should be one number and whomever achieves it should get the nomination..............good, bad or horrible!!!
          That was the rule from the start. Now its Wah,Wah ,Wah! The rules are rigged. If they dont change them for me, Ill take my ball and go play for the other team! Wah, Wah, Wah. Two months ago he was griping because he thought the GOP was planning to change the rules in the middle of the game. Now he is griping because they WONT change the rules in the middle of the game. That crap tells me all I need to know about him. He was a hack from the git*go and never intended to be president nor the nominee of a party he despises and never represented.

Trump being the Republican nominee would be like Ted Nugent getting elected head of PETA.
          Last edited by GarGuy; 04-21-2016, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Trump being the Republican nominee would be like Ted Nugent getting elected head of PETA.
            Great analogy.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              So what you are saying is the founding fathers were disgusting & absurd by using the delegate system...see how easy this is.
              what i'm saying is that the delegate system is supposed to be based on the positions of the citizenry and if they can just disregard what we think there is no point in voting. I don't necessarily want to see trump in there anymore than any of y'all but I don't think that back door deals and buying off delegates is the way to keep him out. If the voters vote him in He should be in. The founding fathers never intended for things to be like this, and as was pointed out originally they didn't want a party system with delegates at all. as a matter of fact american history is full of attempts to force the parties into having primaries instead of caucuses and them being binding. The delegate system in and of itself is not the problem it's the way that it is used. Take colorado for example there have been many many trump leaning delegates who have said that they were simply shut out of the process in the state convention. The electoral college which was used in the first election voted in the way that the citizens for their colonies leaned. all I'm saying is that if the delegates don't vote in the way that the majority of their constituents want then they are betraying our trust. Also I'll just put this in here I didn't put words into whoever's mouth I responded to earlier I think you need to re read what you posted.... our children don't have the cognizent ability to make decisions.... and the american people are the same way.... thus we need the delegates to make that decision for us? If that's not saying we need someone who's better off than we are to make our decisions for us I don't know what is. Now i'm done here and I don't think i'll be making another visit to this part of the forum for a while to many sheeple in this place who are comfortable with them trying to trick and con and deceive and play a game. I don't trust trump and I think he may be bad for the country but I also don't think the delegates have any business voting any way other than the way the constituents want

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                and bear in mind, about 60% of votes cast this season in the Republican primaries have NOT been for Trump, yet he stands to win the nomination. So how do you choose the nominee when the MAJORITY of voters DON'T want him....
                and bear in mind, about 80% of votes cast this season in the Republican primaries have NOT been for Cruz, and he stands to lose. So how do you choose the nominee when the MAJORITY of voters DON'T want him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                  and bear in mind, about 80% of votes cast this season in the Republican primaries have NOT been for Cruz, and he stands to lose. So how do you choose the nominee when the MAJORITY of voters DON'T want him.

It sounds like a recipe for the winner of the tallest midget class. Sure you might win, but you're still a midget. The gop is choosing a midget either way.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Be10dwn View Post
                    It sounds like a recipe for the winner of the tallest midget class. Sure you might win, but you're still a midget. The gop is choosing a midget either way.

SEE:
                    Post #63 & #64

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                      hmm it's interesting to see where you stand... So what your saying is that the american people are not intelligent enough to make the decision on who to vote for, and we need some of the upper class to step in and make that decision for us? This is exactly what I was talking about. This thinking is absurd and disgusting You don't have the right to tell me how to live my life. This is just the same as federal judges making laws outside of their jurisdiction. The election system is flawed and it has been from the beginning of the party system. We the people have no say in who leads us, the elections are just to appease the masses If elections made any difference they'd make them illegal

The upper class rule when the PEOPLE quit voting in House and Senate election primaries. THAT is where change is effected. not the general election.

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                      You are putting words in my mouth bud...

I am saying that a large percentage of the population don't have a clue about what is best for the nation as a whole. The President shouldn't be concerned with your well being outside of what the Constitution mandates as his job is.... to faithfully execute the office and the uphold and defend the Constitution. His job is to lead the NATION....not you the individual. That falls to the States. That's why the founders never intended for you or I to directly elect him.

Think about it, for most people voting for President would be like me voting for who has the best ideas on how to colonize Mars. I simply don't have the background info to make an informed decision, yet if we voted on it, my vote would cancel out the most renowned astrophysicist's. Most people don't have the knowledge on who has the best ideas/plans for running the country. You don't have to like the concept but that's the way it is.

The people's voice in the Federal government was intended to be the House. The States voice was in the Senate (at least until the 17th amendment came along and screwed all that up). The Constitution doesn't mandate how the Presidential election is to be ran, only that the states are in charge of the process in their state. It doesn't mention parties but they have been running it since the 1790's.

I figured my post would tick some of you off and that's alright. I just think most people don't understand the system and the process of our government in general. Can you guys imagine a government WITHOUT two parties....nothing would get done and you would have to amend the Constitution to base things on plurality instead of majority votes.

Our system isn't perfect but it is the best that has ever been devised.....and I never said anything about upper class.
                      And this is where Trump is trying to take the whining to a new level and make the RNC capitulate on their 1237 rule. He wants it won on popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by Be10dwn View Post

The fact that I most likely will not be around for the entire term of the next president has given me a different perspective...

I find it hilariously funny that people don't seem to "get it".... Trump may well be winning by less than a majority, but he is winning by a large margin over CRUZ... Who has even less people who voted for him...

And no matter how the Cruz fans want to spin it... Less people voted for him than voted for Trump...

Comment

What's the difference between Donald Trump and a puppy?

The puppy stops whining after 3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            What's the difference between Donald Trump and a puppy?

The puppy stops whining after 3 months.
                            After he wins the Trump haters will whine even longer

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                              After he wins the Trump haters will whine even longer
                              So will the Trump supporters, once they finally see that the Trump haters were right all along.

Comment

Working...
                              X