No announcement yet.

New year Time to start a Barndo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting season got in the way. Been doing a lot of the work that does not show up Well in pics. Wiring is done, plumbing complete, AC rough in done.

Sheetrock starts tomorrow. It will finally look like a house.

Click image for larger version

Name:	phpeNGkSYPM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	24574705

Comment

Awesome work, keep them pics coming!

Comment

Originally posted by pyrobow View Post
        Hunting season got in the way. Been doing a lot of the work that does not show up Well in pics. Wiring is done, plumbing complete, AC rough in done.

Sheetrock starts tomorrow. It will finally look like a house.

[ATTACH]949831[/ATTACH]
        I am exactly in the same boat on my barndo build. Hoping sheetrock gets delivered today.

I noticed you have batt insulation in the exterior walls on top of the spray foam. We must think alike as I did the same as well as some interior walls for noise.

Comment

I did insulation the master bath for Sound. On the exterior I put the batt insulation to help with thermal bridging. Last month when we had freezing rain, I had a sheet of ice on the side of the house. Every place that there was a purlin the exterior had no ice. It also should help with energy savings.

After we get in I hope to figure out a way to cover the purlins in the attic.

Comment

Sheetrock is hung, Tape and float starts tomorrow. I know I am cheating, I paid for this part but I am to old and slow to hang rock and tape and texture. I will paint, install cabinets and floors myself.

Name:	phpO3RjnAAM.jpg
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	24575080

There will be fake beam and wood ceiling in this area.

Comment

[ATTACH] 6c f250 ft[/ATTACH]
              Slowly progressing and slow to post. Living ceiling finished. Fake beams next.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pyrobow View Post
                [ATTACH] 6c f250 ft[/ATTACH]

Slowly progressing and slow to post. Living ceiling finished. Fake beams next.

Any progress on your build?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been a while.

Name:	phpeYxjtCPM.jpg
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	24617635
                  I have been working on it every weekend, I was not hunting. It has been slow and did not appear that any was happening. We are now closing in on finishing. This pic is taken about 30 ft from the rock wall which will have a wood stove in front of it. More to come as I shrink the.pics.
                  Last edited by pyrobow; 05-17-2020, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Trim is not complete in some areas.

Comment

Wow...been awhile on an update from this one. Looking great.

Comment

pyrobow

Congrats on the work done so far. I found out too when you start finishing projects it goes slow and at times its hard to see progress. Hang in there, there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

Working...
                        X