Traditional Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional Help

I got one of the Tinman Neotribe bows for my daughter and I need to know how to teach her to shoot it. My main question is, dows the arrow just rest on the rest or do I need to add some sort object to raise the arrow up. Any help would be mucho appreciated. Any publications that would help also would be great. Once I get her shooting good I may have to try and locate a traditional bow for myself.

TIA,
    Chad

Yes, just rest the arrow on the shelf and have her cant the bow to just past the 1 O'Clock position if shes right handed, just before the 11 o'clock position for lefties.

They are pretty neat bows aren't they?

Comment

Cant = Tilt?

I'm a total newbie also with the trad. stuff. Any recommendations on a good starter trad. bow, that is relatively cheap?

Chad

Comment

yes, "tilt" the bow a bit so that the arrow will stay on the shelf of the bow

I would also have her start at a close distance (3 or 4 yards) and as she starts to group arrows have her step back only 2 steps at a time. Sounds like a really close starting point, but this will allow her to get her "sighting" window in place. It will not take long and she will be at 10 yards, but, don't move her unless she is grouping
        Last edited by Wildman; 02-21-2007, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks Danny.

Oh yeah, a cardboard box would be the best target with a back drop. Wouldn't want the arrows bouncing back at her. I've seen that happen on denser targets. Especially if she's using target points and not field points.

Target points are those silver crimp on points as oppose to field points which are either screwed in or glued on.

Comment

Thanks guys for help, gonna get some arrows for her this weekend. I'm down with the points.

Comment

A quick suggestion, find the NADA Level 1 course being offered near you and take it. It might make the difference between archery being a passing fad for her, and you're building a lifetime activity to share. I've been shooting 39 years, and I'm taking it this w/e to learn how best to instruct a beginner. My daughter in college came to the range last w/e and I knew what she should do, but not how to teach her how to do it.

8 hours for a lifetime of sharing with her.

Comment

Working...
              X