No announcement yet.

Advice for South Africa bow hunt 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spot and stalk is avaliable on a lot of animals especially early in the year. I have killed 2 Limpopo Bushbucks, a Nyala and a Lioness all on spot and stalk Hunts and all in Sept.

Comment

I went to Dries Visser in 2018 with a buddy. Sat at water and minerals..we did talk about spot/stalk but didnt do it. It was a great first trip for us.

Met the people from Bushman Safaris and they seem to have a good set up. Archery only if that matters.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I did a photo safari before my hunt and it really helped settle the nerves. Spent a week between Kruger and Sabi Sands, I would highly recommend both.

Comment

My wife and I went with Limcroma Safaris last September and have another hunt planned with them, for this coming May. We both hunted (me with a bow; her with a gun), but she also went on several excursions (Elephant encounter, Predator Park, walk with the lions). I did a lengthy write-up about my hunt, including pictures, on here. I'm sure there are plenty of good outfitters to hunt with, but our first experience with Limcroma, sold us on going back to them, for our second trip. Since it was our first trip, our expectations were set pretty high, and they exceeded them!

Here's the link to my write up, if you're interested:
          Last edited by HeyMikey; 08-13-2020, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
            I can offer a bit of advice on the wine part. I highly recommend staying at Spier Wine Farm in Stellenbosch. The rooms are insanely nice, there's multiple excellent restaurants on site, the place is beautiful, and there's a spa for the ladies. Their wine is unfortunately mediocre, however you're smack dab in the middle of the cape winelands, so you'll have plenty of vineyards to try.
            Yes, Stellenbosch is a great city and is in the center of the Franschhoek region where most of the great South African wines are produced. I can recommend Fairview winery, but there are many great wines in that region.
            Franschhoek is a relatively safe region, but be very aware of your surroundings in South Africa as crime is common and frequently violent.
            Make a point to try all the varieties of billtong (South African jerky) !!
            Last edited by Box-R; 08-13-2020, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Go to Africahunting.com and read the info over there especially on the things to do and avoid on a first safari. Most the the big name SA bow outfits are basically put and take operations with LOTS of game. If that type thing bothers you, you'll have to dig deeper into your research.

Comment

Another recommendation for Harry Nel and African Arrow Safaris. I went in 2016 with my wife and another couple, and will continue to hunt with Harry every time I go to South Africa. The animal quality he has is second to none. I did my research and there is almost no question that he has the best trophy quality in SA, with the awards to prove it.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edGLvIzo1Xo"]African Arrow Safaris - June 2016 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Thanks all. I appreciate all the info and knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                    I went for my 4th trip with Limcroma last July. Great time as usual. Hopefully you've seen some of my reports on them over the years. My wife doesn't hunt so we did several non hunting things so it wasn't just about me. PM me with any questions. I'd be happy to answer them. heck may even join you when you go again. Was hoping to get back there in 2021 but since 2020 has been shut down it has push all plans back a year. So, might be going in 2022.
                    I'd be down for all of us to join up on a trip together. Let's discuss this in some detail. Of course, I would like my friend to be happy with this outfitter but I think it would be great to get a group together.

Comment

Check out a thread from "CodyWitt" here. He had a bad experience.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                        Check out a thread from "CodyWitt" here. He had a bad experience.

OP is not about to get burned like that poor guy and his friends did. The fact that he's researching here, and other places, 2 yrs in advance, guarantees that [emoji1303]

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter83 View Post
                          Another recommendation for Harry Nel and African Arrow Safaris. I went in 2016 with my wife and another couple, and will continue to hunt with Harry every time I go to South Africa. The animal quality he has is second to none. I did my research and there is almost no question that he has the best trophy quality in SA, with the awards to prove it.

African Arrow Safaris - June 2016 - YouTube

Awesome video. Looks like a great time was had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X