Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 09-30-2018, 03:30 PM   #1
Black-N-Red
Eight Point

Default Im sold

Ive never used an ozonics before yesterday. Sitting in the stand yesterday evening I set the unit to go with the wind. But the wind kept changing. Id feel it in my face then it would die down, then Id feel it coming from behind me. So I kept my wind checker in my shirt pocket & kept moving the unit to follow the wind. Finally I just set the unit blowing towards my hand corn & where the deer would come out. Ever now & then Id feel the wind change & id get a smell of ozone in my face. When my sons shooter come in the wind was blowing right towards him & he never got uneasy. Just was relaxed sitting there eating corn for about 30 minutes. And hes about a 4.5yr old 9 point. I believe the ozonics was a pretty good investment. I like it.
Black-N-Red is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2018, 03:57 PM   #2
FF36
Eight Point

Hunt In: Laneville/Erath County

I got one and I'm a believer to. They are not a miracle worker but it does help a lot.
FF36 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2018, 04:01 PM   #3
Bazo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can

Yes sir Im right there with you. In fact I had a coon coming up my tree yesterday and it looked right at me. Took me throwing tree bark at him to go back down. It was crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bazo is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2018, 04:08 PM   #4
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

They work beyond a shadow of a doubt.. I used one of Scotts prototypes, years ago, during the development stages of his machines and I had several deer literally within 6-25 feet for several minutes with the wind blowing directly at them.. I could tell by their reaction that they could smell something but they never spooked.. Every now and then I think they could hear the fan but they are much quieter now days.. I was in a six foot tripod buried in a big cedar.. I am a believer..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2018, 04:15 PM   #5
Passthrough
Pope & Young

I could see them being effective out of a ground blind. But how in the world could
They cover ALL your scent from a tree??
Passthrough is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2018, 04:19 PM   #6
bownut
Four Point

Hunt In: Anderson and Mills county

I'm a believer also. Last year had deer feeding downwind from 15 to 30 yds. They knew something was different kept throwing there head up and looking my way but never blew and just kept eating. I used it this weekend but never saw a deer. I'm guessing moon and acorns falling and grass so green in goldthwaite they didn't need corn. Corn piled up under all feeders.
bownut is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2018, 04:25 PM   #7
Bazo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passthrough View Post
I could see them being effective out of a ground blind. But how in the world could
They cover ALL your scent from a tree??

Heres mine in the tree now. Just point it so it blows with the wind. Works like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bazo is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top