Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney and Lake Aquilla 2015 -2016 this is it!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm off work today so I came out here for the morning. I've decided that it's a lot of pain in the rear to put up climbing sticks in the dark before a hunt, and there's no way to be quiet about it either. I got here at 530 and managed to get in the tree about 15 minutes before it started lightening up. I think I prefer hanging them early and hoping that they aren't stolen or confiscated in one or two days.

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
      I'm off work today so I came out here for the morning. I've decided that it's a lot of pain in the rear to put up climbing sticks in the dark before a hunt, and there's no way to be quiet about it either. I got here at 530 and managed to get in the tree about 15 minutes before it started lightening up. I think I prefer hanging them early and hoping that they aren't stolen or confiscated in one or two days.
      With so many people roaming the woods right now I wouldn't leave anything out there right now unless you're sitting on it.

Comment

Anybody got a good idea on what the wind will be doing on Friday? I keep checking weather.com, and they keep changing it, guess it's going to be swirling....idk

Comment

it was like a zoo out there opening weekend!!

Comment

Originally posted by txbowcm View Post
            it was like a zoo out there opening weekend!!
            More like a circus and a roadside freak show combined...

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
              With so many people roaming the woods right now I wouldn't leave anything out there right now unless you're sitting on it.
              Found out last year that cables and locks don't stop em either

Comment

Originally posted by rednecktbrizz7 View Post
                Found out last year that cables and locks don't stop em either
                Nope, I lost 4 stands and they were all locked up with cables and locks. I think some people take a trip out to Whitney/Aquilla instead of Cabelas when they need to go shopping for hunting gear.....

Comment

I seen one while scouting I just went to a different spot I am not going to take anyone's stuff ... thought about hunting out of a few that I have seen but have not did that ..... just pick my own spot and then try to find back up spot..

Comment

Is plowman open back up yet

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny B View Post
                      I seen one while scouting I just went to a different spot I am not going to take anyone's stuff ... thought about hunting out of a few that I have seen but have not did that ..... just pick my own spot and then try to find back up spot..
                      But doesn't it kind of annoy you that someone can "stake claim" to a particular spot by leaving there stand in the woods. I don't think that's right.

Comment

If you're there first, then it should be first guy to the spot gets it. I've hunted spots were guys left there stands, and I just hung mine in a different tree only to have the guy come in late and get all ****** and confrontational cause I was hunting his spot, so it's not worth it, I just don't like the idea that you can technically break the rules and leave your gear in the woods and shy away other hunters who may get there first and are following the rules by packing there gear in and out with them.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444234388.018384.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	24408329Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444234410.399182.jpg
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	24408330Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444234433.553095.jpg
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	24408331

Tell me what ya see.... Story to follow in a lil while

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                            But doesn't it kind of annoy you that someone can "stake claim" to a particular spot by leaving there stand in the woods. I don't think that's right.

To me if you leave it it's fair game to hunt it.... Know some that have taken deer off other people's stands... I'll leave my climber locked to the tree for the duration of time that I'm down Huntin but it comes home with me... The stuff I had stolen was cameras... The thing that bothered me most about that(I got the cameras practically for free) is that I can't see what was on the cards

Comment

Spots I see red spots, where's the picture.

Comment

Just so you folks are aware. Park rangers do make trips in to confiscate stands and cameras. They will cut locks.

Comment

Working...
                                X