No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say the trees have to many forks in them for a climber. Lots of oak trees.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys, being from this part of Texas I assumed there probably weren't that many great climber trees. I hope to get out there Saturday to have a look for myself, but if I can't make it I will just go with a hang-on and some of those rapid rails probably. Good luck, will see yall at orientation the 18th (those that are hunting this year that is).

Comment

Originally posted by TXJon View Post
        The areas they close have absolutely nothing to do with the deer. They base the closures (AFAIK, anyway) on what they have going on in those areas. Last year they had contractors working on "stuff".

I see lots of snakes, but none worth worrying about. I'm sure they are out there, though. Snake boots make me feel a lot better when I'm busting through chest high grass.
        Forget snakes, how bad are the red bugs and ticks?

Comment

I have a lease out in waco need one more hunter to close the deal anybody interested? Total of 3 hunters a litle over 160 ac creek runs on the property pm me. With contact thanks!!

Comment

Just qualified at Archery Country. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. If you haven't paid your $90 yet, remember that the gate houses are only open Monday - Thursday and will be closed this Friday.

Comment

I got all squared away today. I'm ready to get some more info.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Is there no way to pay in the morning before the meeting? C'mon they close the pay stations the day before and the day of the meeting?

Comment

I paid on a Saturday at cedar

Comment

What time are you going there?

Comment

Thanks for the info Scott, I'll try to pay before the meeting.

Comment

I paid today at Jim Hogg

Comment

Got the e-mail back from olen, as of right now my set up is good!! Good luck to everyone on picking and keeping their spot.

Comment

Same got OKed, had to move once which was no big deal, i missed a spot someone took behind some brush i think. So went deeper in.

Saw a number of spots out there where I'm sure someone is going to have to move (Lost River). I tried to do a 70 foot circle around the spots i marked on my gps appears some people did not do this at all, or perhaps like me they just failed to see a feeder or blind, or more probable maybe gps locs were sent in before someone setup stuff. Regardless its easy enough to move.

I am mostly wondering now if i should of went even deeper in I can defiantly see people walking through if they get out there late. The closer you are to the start the worse I see this problem. I tend to get to my spot early when I hunt (around 5am), but if there is a lot of traffic even after you setup i can see this being annoying.

Won't matter to me one way or the other, this is my first year I'm just learning the ropes just hope to learn some new info this year. Even if the only thing I learn this year is I need to go twice as far in it will have been worth it ;-).

Comment

I have not seen a response from Olen yet. May I have a bad email address for him. Can you post the email you used?

Comment

Working...
                                X