No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok question ? Is it legal to kill bucks with antlers smaller than ears ?

I thought in Williamson County it had to be larger than ears.

Comment

Originally posted by clawdig88 View Post

From TPWD website:
      Special Antler Restrictions do not apply to properties for which Level 2 or Level 3 MLDPs have been issued. For counties with Special Antler Restrictions, a legal buck deer has:

at least one unbranched antler, or
      an inside spread of 13 inches or greater. The inside spread requirement does not apply to any buck that has an unbranched antler.
      Not more than one buck with an inside spread of 13 inches or greater may be taken.

Comment

I'll be in my spot this eveing. I've had deer in every sit. Missed a doe openin weekend with the recurve. I've let does with babies and bucks under 13 all walk.

Comment

No, the 13" rule still applies except for spike bucks in Williamson county. If they have an unbranched after there is no width requirement.

Comment

North wind today so I should be golden this evening.. fingers crossed...

I just wish they had pigs at Georgetown. Would make it better IMO.

Comment

Except On Lake Georgetown

Originally posted by Stonecreek View Post
              From TPWD website:
              Special Antler Restrictions do not apply to properties for which Level 2 or Level 3 MLDPs have been issued.
              Now, if the question was concerning Lake Georgetown in particular, regardless of the level of MLD tags, the Corps says that you will adhere to the 13" wide rule. Or spike.

The landowner that gets the MLD tags can tell they hunter what type of buck he is allowed to harvest.

Comment

Hey thank you for the info about the 13" rule.

If I'm understading correctly I can kill 1 buck with a rack less than 13" in but the second buck has to be larger than 13" ?

Comment

Hey thank you for the info about the 13" rule.

If I'm understading correctly I can kill 1 buck with a rack less than 13" in but the second buck has to be larger than 13" ?
                  In Williamson County you can't take a forked horn that is narrower than 13" wide. Doing so can earn you a ticket from the game warden. A spike (one side unbranced) can be narrower than 13" and is okay.

Now on Lake Georgetown? IF you are hunting in the General/Archery Only areas and IF the lake still has buck tags, you can take a forked horn IF it is larger than 13" wide. If at least one side is unbranched, it is considered a spike and you can take it IF they still have buck tags left. Now, that is IF there are buck tags left. BUT if you are hunting in the parks or on the special access/park hunts, it is spikes only and only IF tags are left.

Comment

Ok I copy. No buck kills unless spike or over 13".

Thank you everybody for the info on this.

Comment

Russel park is now out of buck tags. They will probably get more from the main office.

Wind was bad last night swirling every direction. 2-3 were bedded under my ladder LOL... 4 came in early, one winded me, blew one tiny blow and they ran like the forest was on fire. Right before dark this spike came in. Heart shot.

Comment

Looks like one side is forked. What about the other side? Cant tell from the pics.

Good job. Anybody seen any bucks, other than spikes.

Comment

Nice one RR. Doesn't look like he went too far with that shot.

I'm headed out this evening. Anyone have any word on how many permits were issued this year?

Comment

Congrats, RR! How old is it? Looks like 2.5 yrs. Which broadhead did you use?

I was told that if the tine shorter than 1 inch, it does not count as a "point".

Comment

It was not an inch. When I first walked up to him I saw the forked side and thought oops! But then saw it was about 1/2" and the other side was a spike.

He was little. I think 1.5 year old. Going to be good eating. Was nice to clean a smaller easy deer LOL.

I used a hellrazor. I really do not think broadhead choice makes any difference when the arrow goes through the heart though LOL

Comment

Good Job in a tough hunting situation

Comment

Working...
                                X