Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post
    had 2 did not expect to draw it
    Much better luck than me, I have 20 pts and put in for this hunt and didn't draw.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
      BIL and I drew the antlerless/spike hunt at South Llano is December. The question that I have is since they list Sika, Axis, and Fallow deer also, and I see that last year there were a lot of axis bucks taken, is there any limitation of the size of axis (antler wise) that you can shoot?
      I've been a couple of times. They are badly overpopulated. They don't care what you shoot, as long as you shoot as many animals as you can. They told us they knew people to donate meat to if we didn't want it all. They offered to buy us more ammo if we ran out. They just wanted as many animals killed as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        I've been a couple of times. They are badly overpopulated. They don't care what you shoot, as long as you shoot as many animals as you can. They told us they knew people to donate meat to if we didn't want it all. They offered to buy us more ammo if we ran out. They just wanted as many animals killed as possible.
        My kind of hunt!

Comment

I’ve been putting in for this hunt ever since I talked to a guy who had taken his daughter there on a youth hunt. I think I had 6 points in the Gun Deer Antlerless/Spike and drew this hunt this year. I would have preferred to bow hunt them but I’ll take what I can get. I’ve never killed an exotic of any kind (except a sheep) so I’m stoked to get to go here. I think my hunt is in November. I was told to take as many coolers as I can because there’s a good chance to fill them up on this hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas5o View Post
            I’ve been putting in for this hunt ever since I talked to a guy who had taken his daughter there on a youth hunt. I think I had 6 points in the Gun Deer Antlerless/Spike and drew this hunt this year. I would have preferred to bow hunt them but I’ll take what I can get. I’ve never killed an exotic of any kind (except a sheep) so I’m stoked to get to go here. I think my hunt is in November. I was told to take as many coolers as I can because there’s a good chance to fill them up on this hunt.
            yep sounds like itll be a fun hunt ill be sure to bring a few coolers just in case i do good never had axis meat before sounds like good eating congrats on Elephant Mountain i hunted black gap last year lots of fun

Comment

I went last year and killed an axis buck. You have an early hunt, so your chances at an axis are better. After the guns start firing they get more skittish. If you're after axis, try to get one of the blinds along the river. Take alfalfa hay.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                I went last year and killed an axis buck. You have an early hunt, so your chances at an axis are better. After the guns start firing they get more skittish. If you're after axis, try to get one of the blinds along the river. Take alfalfa hay.
                thanks ill be sure to bring some alfalfa

Comment

The ranch I hunt is about 10 minutes from SLRSP, I am thinking about taking my son over to see if we can get a standby since he didnt get drawn. Anyone know if they pull standbys?

Comment

I don't think they do stand by's, but I could be wrong. If you go, listen to the camp host. There are usually some old folks that stay there all the time. They know where to go. My son wore out the Axis there several years back. Saw a monster 8pt wt, but we were hunting spikes and does wt. He killed 5 axis-two real nice bucks. 29" and 28".

Comment

Working...
                    X