Killing Cane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killing Cane

I have several stands what I have always called Georgia Cane on our place. They have been there for years, but we have recently done a bunch of dozer work and knocked them down and root racked on the fencelines. Now I want to try to maintain them and get rid of it if I can as the new growth pops up. I have been told before that roundup won't kill it. The first time around I sprayed remedy and diesel mixed, but I need something more economical. Any ideas?

The best way to get rid of cane is gonna be to dig up the root system and burn it

Comment

I hope you’re rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
        The best way to get rid of cane is gonna be to dig up the root system and burn it
        This is what I had to do!

Comment

We had river cane in the backyard of a rental house in east Texas. It was a mess, thick and tall. During a summer drought, we cut it down smooth with the ground and kept mowing it as short as I could. The drought ended up killing it I think. We were there three more years with no cane.

Comment

For giant cane, we cut it, let it bush out about 1 -2 ft tall then treat it with Clearcast or Imazamox. It will take several rounds but you will eventually get ahead of it if you stay on top of it.

Comment

I've been told the state will help. This is coming from a guy trying to keep it out of county park

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X