No announcement yet.

Oilfield guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My company is a ton busier. Still not setting any records, but nobody has gotten the boot lately either.

Comment

Just curious, those of you seeing an uptick in business...what do you do in the oilfield? I'm on the chemical side and like Kodiakk said, its not booming like it was but it is definitely picking up.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
        We are engineering a rig right now now with more to come. So looks like things are heating up.
        Deepwater or land?

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
          Deepwater or land?
          Deepwater Rig

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
            Deepwater Rig
            By chance the West Sirius?

Can you say which rig or company?

Comment

It is coming in. I wonder if it is headed to Kewitt in Ingleside.

Comment

Any of you offshore guys thought of going to land rigs? My goodness... The permian alone has 295 drilling.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  By chance the West Sirius?

Can you say which rig or company?
                  No response?

Comment

Originally posted by RustyRanchero View Post
                    Any of you offshore guys thought of going to land rigs? My goodness... The permian alone has 295 drilling.
                    Gigantic pay difference. But some drillers and and A.Ds off my rig had no trouble getting hired on for rigs headed to South Texas. All though it's a job they are less than enthused over the big pay cut.

Comment

That's the Noble Danny Adkins, they brought it in and parked it right by the ferries with two others including another Noble which I believe was the Noble Jim Day or something like that. They've been unloading stuff off of it ever since they parked it. It was moored to a buoy about 30 miles offshore for like a year or so before this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
                        Just curious, those of you seeing an uptick in business...what do you do in the oilfield? I'm on the chemical side and like Kodiakk said, its not booming like it was but it is definitely picking up.

Wholesale here. Valves, controls, instrumentation fittings and tubing, etc....
                        Picking up pretty good for us down here in South Texas. West Texas store will be open in a week or two. Looking forward to selling in that area.

Comment

Going out or coming in??

Pretty simple, which direction where the boats headed?

Comment

It was coming in.

Bigfoot is still at Kewitt.

Been slow this last year with offshore building rig construction.

Been layoffs going on 1 year already, my job is ending here within the next month or so. We just have to load out 12 TSBs.

Comment

Working...
                            X