Duck brine recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck brine recipe?

Looking for a duck brine recipe. Doesn’t need to be too extravagant as it’s going in a soup but I do want to tame the gamey flavor just a bit.

If your making a gumbo, you can boil the breast in zatarans crab boil. I boil em in a big pot for about 2.5 hrs, till the meat falls off the bone.

Comment

4-6 cups of water
      1/2 cup of salt
      1/2 cup of sugar I like brown sugar but white sugar works fine also (can substitute honey but you'll need at least a cup of it)
      1 whole head of garlic (separate the cloves and smash them flat to help release the oils. can leave the skin on, you wont be eating it.)
      2 onions rough chopped
      bay leaves (no less than two, up to as many as you see fit.)
      Peppercorns (about a hand full maybe a little less)

You can add a little apple cider, orange juice or even grape juice in there to change the flavors some but this is just the basics.

Bring your water to a boil, take it off the heat and throw in the other ingredients. let everything dissolve and cool down then refrigerate over night or no less than 4 hours.

Do yourself a favor and throw a couple of brined breasts on the grill and cook to medium. DO NOT OVERCOOK! (Boiling in a soup changes that directive.)

Every goose I've killed for the last few seasons has been plucked and cooked this way. Nothing else is needed but you can season to your liking.
      Last edited by CaprockRoamer; 05-31-2019, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Thanks, guys. This is perfect.

Comment

Working...
        X