Realtor Commissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realtor Commissions

How did you get past the sticker shock of realtor commissions?

We’ve had our house up FSBO for a couple of months now and the wife is really wanting to hire a realtor. I just refuse to. We have no reason to move other than the fact we are looking for acreage. Therefore, my motivation isn’t extremely high. (I want acreage, but not for the price of Realtor commissions).

You just chalk it up and say alright, I’ll pay it, or did you just stick it out and wait for a FSBO transaction to come along?

Disclaimer: I know realtors have to make money too. I’m just opting out at the moment.

In for replies. We’re getting ready to put ours on the market soon and don’t want to give up 6% unless I have to

Comment

Wait it out.

Comment

It's highway robbery in today's market...especially with the internet.

You can pay a fee for someone to list it on the MLS or use a discounted broker like Redfin.

No way I'm paying a full 6%.

Comment

you're not only paying the realtor for their paperwork side, but also on the exposure of your house to potential buyers. THAT is worth it. Ive seen a house FSBO sit for over a year, hire realtor, 2 offers within 48 hours. in this market, its 100% worth it if you want to sell fast. best possibility is you get more than one buyer and they have a bidding war and you get more acreage!

just my 0.02

Comment

We just bought a home and used a set fee realtor, 5k flat fee vs the standard 6%... saved us a few thousand.

Comment

Make friends with a realtor. Got a fee good friends that are in real estate and theru have been gracious enough to discount or waive their percentage so that i had zero fees or just paid the buyers agent fees which weren’t that bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man I know it's a good cut for them but a good realtor will make it super easy for you getting everything done. All you have to do is sign papers. To me it's worth it. Your house will probably be under contract within 2 wks.

I know it's a separate deal however same case. I used the realtor fees to get a deal done. Lady we bought our land from didn't want to pay $16k in realtor fees. Me being the buyer said I would offer an extra $200/acre so fees were covered. She jumped on that. Yeah probably stupid on my end but in the large skeem if life that $16k guaranteed a sub division wouldn't be built next to me!

Point is it may work in your favor.

Comment

Add the 6% fee to the price of the house.

Comment

Originally posted by BertramBass View Post
                    Exactly!

Comment

I have acreage for sale. I'm gonna gulp big time when I pay the 6% on that wad, but I don't want to deal with the tire kickers for two years either, so..........

Comment

Well, do you like having 100% of nothing or 94% of something? I thought by now that industry would be dead like so many holdovers due to the internet, but they still control the buyer network for sure

Comment

I guess I am just looking at it as $15K will drill a well, pour a pad, dig a pond, nice pipe gate entry, yada yada yada.

I've offered $3500 to buyers agents, but most haven't entertained it much.

Comment

In today's market, if the buyers agent doesn't see that they will get the 3%, they will show their customer every property but yours.

Comment

Originally posted by BertramBass View Post
                              While you are at it, just go ahead and add 10% for good measure. All things remaining equal, the market won’t support an extra six percent just because you want to add it.

Comment

Working...
                              X