Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody watch the Elvis tribute special?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody watch the Elvis tribute special?

50th anniversary of his “comeback special” in 1968. NBC ran it Sunday night. I recorded it and just watched it expecting it to be lame and cheesy. It is really really good. Some of the artists didn’t quite click for me but it is is worth the watch for the ones that nailed it. Mac Davis was awesome - still great at 77, singing a couple he wrote for Elvis. The gospel portion put a big lump in my throat. If you have Apple TV you can watch it on the nbc app

I caught the last 30 minutes.

Wish I had caught the entire show.

I liked the last song, but still think Céline Dion did it better.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re9_eFo_Nek"]Duo entre Elvis Presley & Céline Dion - If I Can Dream (in HD!) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Wife had it on and I watched a little. I was shocked how good Mac Davis looked, and MAN can that guy still sing! I was really glad to see that.

Did anyone do "Never Been to Spain"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Carrie Underwood was outstanding. That girl not only looks great she can belt out a song.

Mac Davis has still got a great voice.

Comment

We watched it. Really enjoyed it. A couple of the artists didn't do anything for me but most did a great job. The gospel portion of it was awesome. Mac Davis was great as well.

Hopedale, that Celine/Elvis you posted above was awesome as well!

Comment

In case you didn’t recognize that old bearded guy with the hat who played stand-up or electric bass on every song. That’s the great Don Was - one of the best producers ever. My guess is he was responsible for bringing in those excellent back up musicians. I could have done without Keith Urban and a couple others but overall I enjoyed it

Comment

I thought Carrie Underwood and Yolanda Adams stole the show.

Comment

Working...
              X