No announcement yet.

Diy Ebike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might have to build a couple of these.

Comment

Nice colorado HT!

Comment

Nice setup.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet project!! What is the battery weight and where do you source the parts??

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
            Sweet project!! What is the battery weight and where do you source the parts??
            not sure on weight. its lithium so way lighter than lead acid
            amazon, ebay or battery distributors for the batteries, cell holders, bms etc.

motor kits from luna https://lunacycle.com/mid-drive-kits/

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
              not sure on weight. its lithium so way lighter than lead acid
              amazon, ebay or battery distributors for the batteries, cell holders, bms etc.

motor kits from luna https://lunacycle.com/mid-drive-kits/
              I've been tossing around the idea of converting my 42v golf cart to lithium... but now that I've seen this thread I'm probably going to sell the golf cart, pull the ol' Trek bikes off the rack and throw a mid-drive kit on it!

Here goes nothin' ..or rather here goes most of my time, money and focus for the next few months

Comment

Man I want to do this so bad but the extent of my knowledge of lithium batteries, voltage, amps and electricity in general is near grade school level. I'm scared when I get finished you would just see a large fireball going down the road at 25mph.

Comment

You sir are a ******. Your video made me smile.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    Man I want to do this so bad but the extent of my knowledge of lithium batteries, voltage, amps and electricity in general is near grade school level. I'm scared when I get finished you would just see a large fireball going down the road at 25mph.
                    dont need the knowledge can just buy a pre made battery.

i only need one bike and will part out the other one if someone is interested.

i have a wolf pack battery. fully potted pretty much waterproof. mine was $650 using panasonic ga cells for 13.5 AH. Only 3 cycles on it. $500 https://lunacycle.com/luna-wolf-52v-ebike-battery/

1500W hot rod programmed bbshd 68-73mm motor, controller, stock chainring, lekkie 28t chainring , twist throttle, display etc. $600 https://lunacycle.com/bafang-bbshd-1000w-middrive-kit/

Comment

How’s the 2nd bike coming along?

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                        How’s the 2nd bike coming along?
                        converted it to single speed and its a beast. comfortable ride and it goes anywhere i ask it to.

Comment

Tempting

Those are some awesome bike builds.
                          So I just got this bike for my Birthday, a 29" which is almost a cross between a beach cruiser and a mountain bike. It's just begging to become an ebike conversion.
                          I'm thinking a hub motor instead of a mid drive.
                          I've seen some kits that are very affordable, but batteries seem to be the expensive part. Any tips on more affordable battery. I'm thinking 48 volt, 1000 watt hub motor.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NaClH2O_therapy View Post
                            Those are some awesome bike builds.
                            So I just got this bike for my Birthday, a 29" which is almost a cross between a beach cruiser and a mountain bike. It's just begging to become an ebike conversion.
                            I'm thinking a hub motor instead of a mid drive.
                            I've seen some kits that are very affordable, but batteries seem to be the expensive part. Any tips on more affordable battery. I'm thinking 48 volt, 1000 watt hub motor.
                            Can build one but any quality cell cost quite a bit. Depending on capacity and cell you are looking at $400+ on the low end.

Comment

The best way to explore nature is by riding a bike, that is a good looking DIY project.

Comment

Man this thing is cool!

Comment

Working...
                                X