Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japeatr View Post
    Lone Star gun safe nowhere close to here
    He makes deliveries all over the state. I know Bass Pro probably wants you to come get it sooner rather than later but you might be lucky and if he is in your area in the next few weeks it might work out.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
      Google broke again?
      Probably trying to throw some business at a TBHer first.

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
        If you know your home builder I would suggest you ask what the weight load per sqft is. Like said that’s a lot of weight in a small foot print.
        I had a old girl friend that weighed over 350. With that logic I would have never been able to take her in my second story apt. But, residential homes are typically designed with a 40# live load. I don't know how big your safe is but
        Load ??? / (LxW) = LBS per Sqft.

Comment

No way I would put it upstairs. You would need AT LEAST 100#sqft load design. 125#sqft would be better. Houses just aren't designed for such a load.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
            I had a old girl friend that weighed over 350. With that logic I would have never been able to take her in my second story apt. But, residential homes are typically designed with a 40# live load. I don't know how big your safe is but
            Load ??? / (LxW) = LBS per Sqft.
            A quick google search says it would have been your girlfriend one of her big arse friends and you in a ménage standing up. That’s a lot of weight.
            Pics not needed.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
              A quick google search says it would have been your girlfriend one of her big arse friends and you in a ménage standing up. That’s a lot of weight.
              Pics not needed.
              Only thing to save it poor guy on the first floor was, all that ain't fitting on just one square foot.

Hoggslayer

Comment

I used to move them but have since paid my dues to society and am no longer allowed to get myself involved in that sort of life.

Comment

Call the rental companies and ask if they rent out stair climbing dolly? YouTube it that how I got mine inside my house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stair climbing dolly is the only way to get it upstairs. A safe mover wont want to get it out of a bed of a truck. They would rather pick it up on their low trailer.

Bees Keys in Dallas sells safes and will have a safe mover. I used this guy for my safe that weighs 1800lbs

Comment

I use to move safes for academy and I would rent a heavy duty dolly for the day for $25 and hire a friend to help. We would load the safe into the back of my half ton truck (laying on its back). The dolly was used to get it to the truck and into the customers house. I would never take one upstairs tho. Appliance dollys arent made for that much weight and can collapse. Huge risk of injury or death if that happens.

Comment

This worked pretty good for my Father in laws safe that I had to move just laid it over (wagon had 1000lb capacity. ) and pulled it in the house and stood it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                          No way I would put it upstairs. You would need AT LEAST 100#sqft load design. 125#sqft would be better. Houses just aren't designed for such a load.
                          Agreed, I looked into putting mine upstairs. The load rating for typical residential floor structure is nowhere near the psf needed for a decent built safe.

Comment

At one of the gun shows recently I spoke to one of the safe company reps and told him I was thinking of putting a small one upstairs. His only objection was the difficulty getting it properly bolted down. Ie - hitting the joists.
                            Last edited by Tbar; 11-29-2018, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                              At one of the gun shows recently I spoke to one of the safe company reps and told him I was thinking of putting a small one upstairs. His only objection was the difficulty getting it properly bolted down. Ie - hitting the joists.
                              Small or large, the #psf is what matters. Sure, smaller safes weigh less, but their footprint is smaller as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X