Water well question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water well question

I have a standard 4” submersible well, right at 420’, about 30 miles from the coast. My pump sounds like it is short cycling. With one bathroom shower running, it clicks on about every 30 seconds. I don’t remember it being that short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the pressure tank. It may be water logged. Just a guess.

Comment

I would guess pressure tank as well.

Comment

pressure tank or pressure switch

Comment

Tank Bladder......

Comment

Agree with it being the tank. Depending on the type you have it might be as simple as being low on air pressure. If not it could be the controller. But again, it depends on your system.

JC

Comment

Certainly check the air pressure first. That doesn't cot any thing.

Comment

So I was thinking waterlogged too, but in the mornings(when the temp of the water is different) you can see the water line below the pressure gauge. How do I check the air pressure?

Comment

If the sweat line is below the pressure gauge, and the top half of the tank has air, it isn’t water logged. Most likely the switch setting is the issue. The low and high pressure is too close.

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
                    If the sweat line is below the pressure gauge, and the top half of the tank has air, it isn’t water logged. Most likely the switch setting is the issue. The low and high pressure is too close.

So I had too much air and not enough water. I turned the breaker off, ran the tank dry, then filled it back up. On at 35psi-off at 60psi

Comment

Working...
                    X