Remington Bankrupt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington Bankrupt

Sad to see the largest American gunmaker having these types of troubles. Remington’s sales have declined in part because of receding fears that guns will become more heavily regulated by the U.S. government.

Cerberus and bad quality control probably had more to do with it.

Comment

I would say sales are declining due to poor designs and not really releasing anything earth shattering. What is the last time you were excited about a Remington release? I swear yearly Ruger brings out something cool you either buy or want to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post

I gonna have to agree with this guy. Remington’s aren’t what they use to be. For the same money you can get a different rifle by another manufacturer that will shoot circles around a Remington. Last time I picked up a new one and looked at it the action felt sloppy and the gun felt cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep. I would say that had everything to do with it.

Comment

Remington has come up with some low end guns to try and stay price competitive, but the still make some quality. Model 7, 700, and their shotguns. The problem is there are no longer 5 or 6 other brands to complete with. There is a new brand out every year. When your that big you just can’t adapt over night. Poor planing on their part at best. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Mohawkman View Post
              Remington has come up with some low end guns to try and stay price competitive, but the still make some quality. Model 7, 700, and their shotguns. The problem is there are no longer 5 or 6 other brands to complete with. There is a new brand out every year. When your that big you just can’t adapt over night. Poor planing on their part at best. IMO
              They were putting out faulty triggers long before competition was as fierce as it is now. I hear what you’re saying, though.

Comment

Shotguns?? Their versamax was garbage, the last good shotgun they put out was the old 870 wing masters

Comment

Going to be a lot of consolidation in the firearm business the next year or two.

$1500 AR companies will go quick.

Comment

Been diggin ther own grave for a while...

Comment

Indeed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
                        I would say sales are declining due to poor designs and not really releasing anything earth shattering. What is the last time you were excited about a Remington release? I swear yearly Ruger brings out something cool you either buy or want to buy.
                        I thought the same thing. They have no good handguns, their AR15s are lame and expensive, the 700 series has a bad rap, so the only thing they got going for them is the 870 shotgun.

Comment

Just sad to see Remington fail like this

Comment

Hope Remington gets funded and back on track, they owe me a $75 rebate.
                            Last edited by Thumper; 02-10-2018, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Sad deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X