Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking About Coming off the Rage, What head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know you said fixed blade but if you want a bradded that will do some damage, use a grim reaper! 2" 3 blade whitetail special will eat!

Comment

I have used the 125 XL silver flames for a long time and have killed many elk and deer with them. Almost every broadhead will kill a deer if you make a good shot. What makes a broadhead good is when you kill a deer when you make a bad shot.

Comment

You may try the Muzzy Trocar. It’s an extremely accurate and tough fixed blade.
        I videoed and killed my avatar buck with one opening morning. Busted through the shoulder bone and still exited. He was down in 50 yards.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
            He mush shoot a drop away and his rest is in the far rear position allowing for a shorter arrow.

I personally dont like the head to be on or inside the shelf. I prefer the broadhead to be in front the fingers just in case, which is why I shoot 30" full length shaft with 29" draw
            Ahhh. I am the same way because I occasionally shoot fixed blades. Im tracking now.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
              Am I missing something? The draw length of the bow is 29.5 inches but the arrow is only 28 inches? Are you using an over draw device? If so that isn't something you see much these days.

Help me fill in the blank here, im not understanding.
              Draw length is usually measured to the front of the riser which is about 2" in front of my rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                I have used the 125 XL silver flames for a long time and have killed many elk and deer with them. Almost every broadhead will kill a deer if you make a good shot. What makes a broadhead good is when you kill a deer when you make a bad shot.
                What kind of distance have you shot them?

Comment

I really like the looks of the Simmons Mako anyone shooting these?

Comment

If you're wanting more penetration then don't forget to examine the arrow you're shooting. Have you considered a heavier arrow? Thought about FOC?

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                      If you're wanting more penetration then don't forget to examine the arrow you're shooting. Have you considered a heavier arrow? Thought about FOC?
                      Im thinking about switching to maybe the FMJ to be heavier.

Comment

Swhacker

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                          What kind of distance have you shot them?
                          I have killed elk at 73 yards I shoot good at 80. They don't plane like most 2 blade heads

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Muzzy trocar are trocar Hd are nap killzone if you want expandable!

Comment

nothing beats the magnus stinger for long range accuracy, and offers the best penetration at all ranges

but for the wider cut i suggest the black hornet, i have shot them out to 100 yards also

Comment

PX 2 interchangeable tips go from 100 gr to 125 quickly and almost indestructible.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X