No announcement yet.

American Whitetail ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What type of gun is it? My father in law has issues with his TC bolt gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
      I get one ragged hole shooting them out of my 6.5 Creedmoor. Never had a misfire.
      Same here, mine loves the stuff.

Comment

Had a misfire in my 7-08. Quit using it after that. I was shooting it through my .270 but I couldn't get the tight enough group I knew the gun was capable of. Switchd back to Hornady Custom in a heavy grain and tightened up the group.
        Last edited by .270; 09-28-2017, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deer Tamales View Post
          I bought some for my 25-06 as it was much cheaper than the sst's I shoot on game. I've only shot paper with it but like it so far.
          Same here my 25-06 loves those rounds. 117 grains and tears a pig up. Haven't shot a deer with it but plan to this gun season.

Comment

My 25.06, .243, and 7mm rem mag love this round. I think it uses the interlock bullet, which is a deer killing bullet. Never had an issue. I would check my firing pin spring and bolt for issues.

Comment

Gun

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
              What type of gun is it? My father in law has issues with his TC bolt gun.
              The rifle is a 1980 Remington 700 BDL varmint, 7mm-08, primers are hit, grabbed a box of core-loc and shot about 6 of them no problem?

Comment

Rifle

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                My 25.06, .243, and 7mm rem mag love this round. I think it uses the interlock bullet, which is a deer killing bullet. Never had an issue. I would check my firing pin spring and bolt for issues.
                Old Rifle for sure, could be a problem with it I suppose. Can a primer be dented and not fire?

Comment

Weak primer strikes could be it, may just switch ammo.

Comment

1 box of 7mm-08 with no problems seen, 1" group at 100 yards.

Comment

Shot several boxes of the AW .308, no issues and excellent performance for such a reasonably priced ammo.

Comment

I had 3 misfires out of a box. Seems like it's pretty common. Gun is a Remington 700 .243. Never had an issue with any other ammunition.

Comment

Dirt, powder residue, grease, can clog up the tunnel the firing pin rides in the bolt, and can slow it down causing light primer strikes. I am not sure how hard it is to dissemble a M700 bolt for cleaning, but this could easily be your problem in a 1980 rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                            Dirt, powder residue, grease, can clog up the tunnel the firing pin rides in the bolt, and can slow it down causing light primer strikes. I am not sure how hard it is to dissemble a M700 bolt for cleaning, but this could easily be your problem in a 1980 rifle.
                            Gunk in the firing pin hole or years of old oil and grime inside the bolt can cause a light primer strike. Some primers are harder than others and give the impression it's an ammunition problem.

It's a piece of cake to field strip a Rem 700 bolt.

This is a good video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVacK49mjDc

Separate it like in the video, clean off the spring and firing pin and re-oil. Don't worry, nothing will come apart.

Also clean the hole in the bolt face with a toothpick.

Comment

Cleaning

Originally posted by Creedmore View Post
                              Gunk in the firing pin hole or years of old oil and grime inside the bolt can cause a light primer strike. Some primers are harder than others and give the impression it's an ammunition problem.

It's a piece of cake to field strip a Rem 700 bolt.

This is a good video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVacK49mjDc

Separate it like in the video, clean off the spring and firing pin and re-oil. Don't worry, nothing will come apart.

Also clean the hole in the bolt face with a toothpick.
                              Thanks a lot, will clean her this weekend. Great video, hard to believe that brand ammo was sub-par.

Comment

My brother has a 1980s model mossberg in 243. He had light primer strike and eventually stuck a piece of brass in the firing pin hole on the bolt face. I pulled the bolt apart to find everything supper gummed up. Cleaned it, and it has functioned well since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X