2017...Wichita Falls and surrounding counties Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TTU TX Hunter View Post
    In my opinion they have finally bounced back from the severe drought we had back in 11'. I know this sounds crazy but we literally have at a minimum of a 2 buck to 1 doe ratio and it's probably higher than that!
    That’s how I feel too. We started out with only about 3 bucks right before the season started and in the past few weeks we are up to about 13 different bucks

Comment

Originally posted by Pennington13 View Post
      That’s how I feel too. We started out with only about 3 bucks right before the season started and in the past few weeks we are up to about 13 different bucks
      We usually have three waves of bucks. Early season are the bucks that live close by. Then who knows what shows up from where during the rut. Then when it freezes a few times and kills all the pasture grass and browse the big boys come to the wheat. It's really strange I know but that's how our place works.
      I know I am repetitive. Watch out for snakes. Since Thursday evening at our place 2 guys have killed 8 rattlers, all in different places.

Comment

I've been to my place every week. rattlesnakes and mosquitoes are out. unfortunately so are armyworms. I spayed and didnt see any new damage so I hope I got em. I've seen a few nice 2,3 and 4yo bucks and have a couple of nice one on camera I want to see in person. does and young bucks are runnin to the feeders. we need some cool weather. shot 5 pigs in 2 weeks and have not recovered any. even lost an arrow with one of them.

Comment

Headed back to Baylor and Knox counties on Wednesday for five days. Seeing lots of big deer on camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            Nice Jeff are #1 and #3 the same deer. Hard to tell.
            No the first one is wider👍

Comment

2017...Wichita Falls and surrounding counties Season Thread

Following. Hunting between WF and Burk. First year on the place. Tons of pigs, turkey and bucks of all ages. Went two weeks ago and needed my waders and an African bug net to hunt. Saw several young bucks. Won't be back out until the first weekend of November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you for all of congratulations. I agree, the snakes have been out in force. I killed 5 in 4 days the first week of the season. And yes, themosquitos are horrible, don't go anywhere without a Thermacell!
                I also agree on how the deer the move in the area. Last year a Booner deer we had watched for 3 seasons was shot about 7 miles away on wheat. The only way we knew about him being shot was we saw him posted on Texas Trophy Hunter.
                Good Luck everyone! The bucks are making scrapes, sparring and are already harassing does. Rattling should start producing anytime now!

Comment

Finally heading to the lease today. Hoping for the cool front to move through sooner than they say it supposed to. Hope to get in a few hunts. Gotta clean out the bow blinds and see what kind of wasp and other biting or stinging stuff is in them. It was too dang hot to mess with cleaning them out 10 weeks ago when I was out last. Safe travels to all planning on going out. Have fun!

Comment

Good luck to everyone in the area!
                    Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                      Finally heading to the lease today. Hoping for the cool front to move through sooner than they say it supposed to. Hope to get in a few hunts. Gotta clean out the bow blinds and see what kind of wasp and other biting or stinging stuff is in them. It was too dang hot to mess with cleaning them out 10 weeks ago when I was out last. Safe travels to all planning on going out. Have fun!
                      Good luck to you sir! Never know what can show up at any time!

Comment

Well my first sit this morning and so far it's been interesting. Woke up and my stomach was growling. I never have a stomach ache. So I sit on the thrown awhile. I start walking to the blind and about 100 yards from the blind there are 3 does and a small 10. I walk right by them in the dark. Get in the blind set up and my stomach really is boiling. Now I haven't thrown up in a long long time. There is a small 6 point at the feeder waiting for it to go off. It goes off and I go off about the same time. I fling the door open and let her go. Unfortunately it came out both ends. So I am going back to camp reshower and lay back down. The only thing I can think of is I made a sandwich about 10 after I got here and used some bad mayo or mustard out of the fridge. I just bought the meat, bread and chips I had.
                        Oh well.
                        I know that's TMI,

Comment

Are y'all still seeing a Bachlor groups or have they split up. Thx

Comment

Originally posted by D12 View Post
                            Are y'all still seeing a Bachlor groups or have they split up. Thx
                            Seeing a little bit of both a few of my bucks have split up and some of them are still grouped up. My last couple sits they have been sparring a lot I don’t think they’ll be in their bachelor groups much longer.

Comment

Thx for the info. Good luck

Comment

Speaking of biting things.... I don't like them when they are in our skinning shed! One of our guys killed these last nite and then another after this picture was taken! Be watchful, they are on the move in front of this cold front!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	24514998

Comment

Working...
                                X