Weather Guru's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Guru's?

Ok, johnny and all other weather guys, we have 3 storms out there now. Some of you guys know how to look at long range stuff, any chance we get some much needed rain in South Texas?

I don't think so.

Comment

Won't even sniff the Gulf!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post

Comment

Originally Posted by SabreKiller View Post

If I remember right what happened last time, please, please say that again...

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
            Lol

Comment

The three systems out there (PTC#9, Invest 92l, and the Tropical Wave behind it) are all a long ways out. Models are all over the place from run to run, and frankly have not been good lately so who knows. Doesn't appear to be a high probability of any of the systems making it to TX, but its August, and if anything makes it into the GOM it needs to be watched..

I will add that the system that has me most intrigued is Invest 92L. PTC#9 looks likely to get shoved west all the way into Central America. 92L on the other hand could get interesting if it develops.
              Last edited by ccbluewater; 08-17-2017, 10:34 AM. Reason: added worthless info

Comment

In for this discussion. We need rain in a bad way...

Comment

The first storm system may move through the Caribbean and conditions should be favorable for development. There is another system(lo) that has been producing windshear and it is backing off to the west a little. The system supposed to go south of Hispaniola and may make landfall around Belize or the Yucatan. It could turn north and come into the Gulf, but it's too early to tell.

Comment

Just reported as Tropical Storm Harvey.

Comment

Cmon Harvey, just give me a few showers and I would pleased.

Harvey, Harvey, Harvey...

Comment

Just heard it was forcast to turn North into the GOM? Any predictions? Other than "won't sniff the Gulf"! Lol
                        Last edited by Tejas Wildlife; 08-17-2017, 06:39 PM.

Comment

This is what I got this morning...

FEMA Region 6/NWS briefing still shows it tracking west and making landfall in Belize sometime around Wednesday morning. That's as far out as the track shows.

After that it appears that it could reappear in the southern gulf, but who knows at this point.

Comment

Seems like everyone(models, NHC, etc..) is pretty confident Harvey will track on its westerly track for the next 3 days or so.. After that it gets uncertain. Looks like a pretty complex forecast with so many variables its hard to say what will/wont happen. Some of the models though are showing this in the Gulf of Mexico, and possibly even slowly meandering around or stalling late next week/weekend.. That means keep a eye on this over the next week as it shakes out.

Comment

I am sure we will get something around September 1st and a couple weeks later. Just in time to push all the dove out for the openers.

Comment

Working...
                              X