Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrapping presents

Who outsources, who DIY's?

I can process a deer from shot to table, gut, skin, quarter and butcher, but i'm terrible at wrapping gifts.

Monkey's trying to do atrocious things to footballs come to mind
    Last edited by Playa; 12-20-2016, 12:42 PM.

I outsource to the GF

Comment

Buy a bunch of bags and throw them in with some newspaper. Either that or ball them up in wrapping paper/newspaper and duck tape closed. No one will care what they looked like after they finish unwrapping them.

Comment

I hate wrapping gifts but my wife loves and appreciates the fact that I do it, no matter how bad it looks. So I still do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          I hate wrapping gifts but my wife loves and appreciates the fact that I do it, no matter how bad it looks. So I still do it.

Oh wow... now i don't feel so bad

My wife feels the same way, that's the only reason i do it..

Comment

Wrapping presents

Dang Chew. You made me feel worse. Compared to mine yours looks great !!

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
              Dang Chew. You made me feel worse. Compared to mine yours looks great !!
              Thanks. I know it looks bad. But I ran out of duct tape. I try to put my heart into it.

Comment

This is my first year not putting everything in bags but it's not as bad as expected.

Just make sure you cut enough to wrap with and it's all good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                  I outsource to the GF
                  Same. Too much cussing for a bad finished product when I do it.

Comment

lol! I do it in our family. For some reason, my sister taught me long ago and it's just one of those things that I enjoy doing. I also really enjoy seeing the grand-kiddos tear it all apart in a few seconds!

Comment

I'm the one my wife outsources too. Its one of the few things I can accomplish without creating new, inventive words that my kids will never repeat. However, she does ensure I am properly thanked.....she never asks when I'll be home when going hunting.

Comment

I get the wife to do it. Just follow my lead here gents, while she is watching grab a gift and begin to "wrap" it just make sure you are doing a really really bad job of it. She shouldn't be able to watch you do this for more than a minute or so before taking over and forbidding you to wrap any more gifts. Proceed to couch with a beer and turn on TV.

Comment

Do it "wrong" enough time, the problem solves itself.

Comment

Man I can tell I'm one of the exceptions here but i love to wrap them, my wife throws everything in bags....may or may not include tissue paper. Wrapping gifts takes me back to doing it with my grandmother years ago, and the kids (5,3) love seeing them under the tree and ripping them open Christmas morning.

Comment

I hate it.... I'm OCD bein' an n-ga-near... all seams, lines corners and folds must be straight, symetrical and where possible patterns must match/line up... Much better for me when someone else does it!! Usually the only gifts I wrap are the ones for my wife... I did learn many, many years ago that she is not a fan of a small/tiny box wrapped up in successuvely larger ones... I made that mistake a long time ago... once was enough... to this day, she will hardly wear those ear rings... The outside box was at least a 2 foot cube!! inside was about 1 1/2"...

Comment

Working...
                              X