No announcement yet.

Big Oak Kids Hunt Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like all the kids (and adults) had a wonderful time! Awesome!!!

Comment

Poor vertically challenged Whitney...all the kids are taller than her. Congrats to the kiddos on all their kills!!

Comment

Way cool!! What a way to end it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
          Thanks for posting the pics Brett.
          This is a awesome place! Marty, Mark, and Whitney are all good as Gold! This is a first class operation. Sage and I have had a blast, and have gotten to know our new hunting buddies here well. Everyone has got along great and all are great people. The kids have pulled for each other and have all grown as hunters. I have felt like a kid in a candy shop, and can’t wait to see what comes in this morning. This hunt has exceeded all expectations and we have made several new friends. We are so thankful for the opportunity. Marty is a great man, and I will always have tremendous respect for him. He is one of those people that you just know after a few minutes is a great human being. Thank you sir for doing what you do!
          Gotta go now. More critters are coming in!
          I couldn't have said it better! Aaron had an awesome time this weekend (so did his mom). He got his first bow (xbow) kill and his first deer kill. He said he wants to go back and do it again. Thanks again to Marty, Mark and Whitney for being there and doung whatever it takes to get the kiddos a shot (especially yesterdat when Aaron and I sat for 2.5 hours at lunchtime trying to get a shot at a red doe.

Though I will say I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I walked through the door and Whitney said she wasn't quite sure how we were gonna wprk this out because she'd never had a mom bring their kiddo on the youth hunt before!

Anyway, I sure hope the new owners stick with their plan to continue this tradition. Oh and welcome to TBH Whitney!

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
            I couldn't have said it better! Aaron had an awesome time this weekend (so did his mom). He got his first bow (xbow) kill and his first deer kill. He said he wants to go back and do it again. Thanks again to Marty, Mark and Whitney for being there and doung whatever it takes to get the kiddos a shot (especially yesterdat when Aaron and I sat for 2.5 hours at lunchtime trying to get a shot at a red doe.

Though I will say I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I walked through the door and Whitney said she wasn't quite sure how we were gonna wprk this out because she'd never had a mom bring their kiddo on the youth hunt before!

Anyway, I sure hope the new owners stick with their plan to continue this tradition. Oh and welcome to TBH Whitney!
            X3. Marty Mark and Whitney did all yhey could. Was a great time with good people. Glad all the kids got a animal. Good kids good parents and good hosts. Thanks again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

And I came home light an xbow quiver... lol

Comment

Have them mail it to you.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  Have them mail it to you.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
                  It's no big deal. It's easily, and cheaply replaceable... totally worth it...

Comment

Lol yup, I apparently donated my yeti cup.

Comment

Well I am home and can finally post to this thread. I had a great time. This years group was again first rate. The kids hunted hard and never complained. The parents were great as well. A pleasure to be around.

I will say that we had six animals taken and no misses or wounded animals. That is better than most adult groups. A couple of the young hunters also made very responsible decisions to not take questionable shots or shoot animals that they didn't really want. Congrats to all, both hunters and parents should be very proud.

Thanks again for letting me be apart of the adventure.

Mark

Comment

I finally made it home and got everything cleaned up and put up. My son Cody and I had an amazing trip and met a lot of great people. We could have not have had better host than Marty, Mark and Whitney. Thank y'all for everything and getting my son his first pig! I would post the pic but can't figure out how to get it posted.

Comment

Well one hide is off to the tannery tomorrow. Fyi north texas tannery in Denton charges 45.00. Also Meric wanted to keep the hog skull since it was her first and had some small cutters so i got it started

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                            A couple of the young hunters also made very responsible decisions to not take questionable shots...
                            This was the story of our Saturday, especially with those red does. Aaron learned a lot about patience this weekend for sure!

Thanks again Mark for helping with this! It was MUCH appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                              And I came home light an xbow quiver... lol
                              I can get it from Marty and bring it to Bownanza in March.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                                I can get it from Marty and bring it to Bownanza in March.
                                That'll work. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X