Fence corner braces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fence corner braces

For short runs are corner braces needed.

The fence will be 4 ft high woven wire.
    The longest run is 60 feet.
    Right now I have the corners set with 6 inch wood post buried 3 feet in the ground. No concrete
    There is a 4-5 inch post every 12 feet with 6.5 feet t poles every 4 foot between the 4-5 inch post.

It will be for goats.

Longest run

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2041.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	24507205

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably not unlessYou pull it extremely tight

Comment

Has to be pretty snug since it is for goats... Easier to make those now

Or I could increase the size of the post and use concrete to set?

Comment

Corners are everything. Other post just hold the wire up. Five posts on the corners. You can thank me later.

Comment

I would at minimum concrete the corners. Probably need to build an h brace to have the ability to stretch the wire properly.

Comment

I would definitely do the corners right. Do it once and not worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Put in stretch posts. You will be glad you did in the long run.

Comment

I would never stretch wire without them!

Skinny

Comment

as others have stated you will not be able to pull it tight. I've learned the hard way with fencing. doing it right the first time will save a lot of time and being ****** off in the long run.

Comment

Without braces the wire will not stay tight even if you can get it tight when you build it.

Comment

I have always said it is harder to keep a short stretch of fence than long stretch. But I hate putting in corners and braces. Depending on how much total length, I would consider just hanging panels. Might cost a little more, but less work.

Comment

as said above you only need h braces if you want your wire to stay tight'
                          The H braces have to be done right or you will come out there one day and the
                          h brace will be about a foot higher than it was when you finished the fence.
                          a lot of the fence guys are driving a 6ft tpost all the way in the ground behind the corner
                          and putting the brace wire behind it and the post. it ain't going any where.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Goat1 View Post
                            Corners are everything. Other post just hold the wire up. Five posts on the corners. You can thank me later.
                            x2. Got to have solid corners or you will waste time, effort, and money

Comment

If your not going to put corner at least put a screw in ground anchor at every corner. I have don this with feeder pens and it will work for short stretches.

Comment

Working...
                              X