X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
    What year was the F-250?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2012. I came from an 08 duramax and thought the ride would soften up some but it never did. I may have just had a bad one but it **** sure pushed me away from Ford for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

GMC Denali HD

Comment

I'm no expert and have no personal experience with ford or GM. But here's my story anyways. I drive an 07.5 ram mega cab 2500 deleted, basically as a mini-van, to and from the fire station, taking the kids to school, 30' travel trailer very rarely, and occasionally tow a 20ft trailer with my jeep loaded on it. 140k miles with no major problems.

My best friend bought a 2015 chevy 3500 fullly loaded, already over 100k miles on it. He owns a small fence company that operates all over Texas Oklahoma and Louisiana and he works his truck way harder than I will ever work a truck, dragging a large bobcat and kubota and tons of materials.

Anyways long story short.. 2 months ago his truck was in the shop for a week that he had to be out of town so I let him borrow my truck to go out of town while his was out of commission, and when he dropped my truck off he made a comment about missing the power that the Cummins has without all of the emissions crap over his chevy. He's always been a dodge guy up until he bought the chevy sa may still be biased or he might be haveing buyers remorse over his 70k dollar pick-up.

Comment

We have about 70 F250-550 fords at work. I can tell you first hand I would never own a Ford Diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by CPR09 View Post
            I'm no expert and have no personal experience with ford or GM. But here's my story anyways. I drive an 07.5 ram mega cab 2500 deleted, basically as a mini-van, to and from the fire station, taking the kids to school, 30' travel trailer very rarely, and occasionally tow a 20ft trailer with my jeep loaded on it. 140k miles with no major problems.

My best friend bought a 2015 chevy 3500 fullly loaded, already over 100k miles on it. He owns a small fence company that operates all over Texas Oklahoma and Louisiana and he works his truck way harder than I will ever work a truck, dragging a large bobcat and kubota and tons of materials.

Anyways long story short.. 2 months ago his truck was in the shop for a week that he had to be out of town so I let him borrow my truck to go out of town while his was out of commission, and when he dropped my truck off he made a comment about missing the power that the Cummins has without all of the emissions crap over his chevy. He's always been a dodge guy up until he bought the chevy sa may still be biased or he might be haveing buyers remorse over his 70k dollar pick-up.
            His truck should run circles around your truck towing. Also your truck is deleted and that makes a huge difference.

Comment

I'd have to go with the Cummings. I have over 100,00 on my 2012 that has been deleted and only have changed the water pump. I drive it on the farm and pastures everyday and treat it like a dump and it's tough as nails.

Comment

Originally posted by Death Dealer View Post
                Bumping this back up because I'm in the market again myself. GMC has rear AC so I'm not concerned about that. To the guys driving the new Rams, how is the ride? The one Ford F-250 I had rode horribly stiff. I'm debating between the ram and a gmc denali. Does the coil suspension make the ride that much better on the new dodges?

GMC has rear A/C? Since when? They didn't have it in 2016 when I was looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  GMC has rear A/C? Since when? They didn't have it in 2016 when I was looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Doesn't have "vents" but blows hot or cold out from under front seats. They blow pretty well when in bi-level mode, at least they do in my 14 model.

Comment

My 2017 gmc does not have rear ac

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter98 View Post
                      I have a 37 ft tongue pull Travel trailer which weighs 8200 lbs and then just trailer with SxS. I'm actually leaning towards the Rams, they seen to offer more bang for your buck.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
                      I have a 40ft 5er 15k lbs and I'm leaning towards the Duramax. I am getting out of a 12 6.7 powerstroke. Great truck but fords are so expensive and hard to work on and Duramax has been a pretty good engine over the years. I wanted a Ram but to find the heavy duty transmission and all the other options was too hard to find.

Comment

Menu Price: $115,786

Comment

Originally posted by WTN View Post
                          Ya, but if you put $11K down....your truck note will be under $1700/month. That's doable!

Comment

It amazes me the criteria some folks use to choose a TRUCK....

And for the ten gillionth time.....it's CUMMINS.....there is NO G!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

I think that's spainglish

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Amen Dale!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X