No announcement yet.

Wrapping presents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrap all of mine in old feed sacks. Heck of a lot thicker than todays wrapping paper. Use to be able to reuse wrapping paper but not now. Lol.

Comment

I get the lady at the feed store to wrap mine.

Comment

Grew up with 3 older sisters (but even more brothers) and I can wrap better than the three of them. I don't do it anymore unless it's for my wife's gifts or when she needs me for the tough jobs.

Comment

Ha! But really ,,,, [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If it's something I made then I will attempt to wrap it, if it's something I bought it gets subbed out, and that's only for my wife. She wraps everything else

Comment

I will wrap the wife's gift, but it will look like hammered dog crap.

She is in charge of wrappings anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've wrapped a few in the past, usually ended up with scrap pieces covering the holes where I didn't cut enough or that I tore while wrapping. I, too, used duct tape and sometimes electrical tape. When my sister lived there I got her to wrap them. She even wrapped her present a couple of years without knowing until I had her fill out the tags now my wife usually gets them done.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

I grew up helping do it and actually had a part time job back in high school doing it for extra cash, I am still the go to in our family My wife hates it (and isn't very good) so I get about 80-90% of the action around our house.

Comment

Chew, That made me laugh out loud. My son hates it so one year he just put duct tape around the entire box and said there its grey wrapping paper.

Comment

Get a gift bag and staple the end shut, wrapping complete. If it's too big, I either get the store to do it or when I get it home let the project begin. My wife gets mad cause I complain about wrapping paper since it's a waste IMO and I usually do a hacked up job and there will be spots missing wrapping paper. If a spot don't get covered then she knows I'm not going back and adding paper. I have cover spots with duct tape. I reinforce my saying "it's the thought that counts".

Comment

Gift bags......no reason to stress yourself out!

Comment

When I was single, I would put the gifts in brown paper grocery sacks and draw a bow on them with a magic marker. The family got mad at me the year I started using real wrapping paper.

Comment

My wife does every bit of shopping and I do 90% of the wrapping.....and I am fine with that!
                            Granted, now since every Christmas present purchased this year was off Amazon, we probably should renegotiate our arrangement

Comment

My brother will be getting some version of this:

Comment

My thinking is if it covers then its good!!

Wilk

Comment

Working...
                                X